cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband ceased for no reason

Haven

Fibre broadband ceased for no reason

Hi, I have had fibre with Plusnet for around 2 years. On Wednesday (9th May) my broadband stopped working. I have been trying to get this resolved for several days. After various lengthy phone calls I have now been told that my broadband was ceased by a Plusnet glitch on the 9th that affected many users. They are now having to arrange for activation again and will give me a go live date on Monday. I am not particularly happy about this and wonder if anyone else has had a simular issue?
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre broadband ceased for no reason

Hi there.

I'm really sorry to hear this.

We're working to get you back online as soon as possible and we'll update you when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kmould83

I have the same issue Haven. Not heard anything from them since I first made contact on Weds. They said they would be in touch with an update but still nothing. I’m less than impressed! I need the internet for work too.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to our community forums @Kmould83

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We'll get you back online as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Haven

Hi Kmould83,

Just to update you on my situation. I too was disconnect overnight on Tuesday. It took various phone calls and a few hours in the queue but on Friday evening it was confirmed that my broadband had been ceased due to a glitch and was told told that my line would have to be activated again. I was told that this Monday I should be given a go live date. Obviously I was not particularly happy with this and the lack of explanation as to why I had been disconnected. I also use the Internet to assist with my job (and also pay for steaming services which is pointless without having an internet connection). I have not heard from Plusnet since Friday but strangely my internet has now been reconnected again this afternoon. Hoping this has now been sorted and that I will be billed correctly as before without losing any of my discounts etc.

Kmould83

Thanks for the info. Sounds like they are working their way down the list and hopefully I’m not too far down that list!

Kate