cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband been down since Friday morning in Canterbury Kent

wilko1984

Fibre broadband been down since Friday morning in Canterbury Kent

My broadband has not been working since Friday morning and there is no service status updates at all about this problem on this website? I called yesterday (Sunday) morning and there was an automated message saying that Plusnet was working on an issued which was affecting most of its subscribers. So I left it and called again yesterday evening - after a 25 minute wait, I was told that they needed to reconfigure my router and they would send me an email in 2 minutes. I've still not received the email and I am none the wiser. 

Anyone know whats going on?

2 REPLIES 2
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Fibre broadband been down since Friday morning in Canterbury Kent

maybe connected to this https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Slow-Download-Speeds-many-reports-but-nothing-on-Serv...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-download-speed-down-from-70Mb-to-1-8Mb-today/td-...

But YES communication from Plusnet has been abysmal , But they will come here and say SORRY you had problems Ticked_off

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre broadband been down since Friday morning in Canterbury Kent

Hi there,

This isn't the same as the issue rongtw advises of.

It should be straight forward to resolve, I can see the information my colleague has provided via your account will help fix this. Basically your router is trying to connect with an incorrect password:

You'll need to manually change the password your router is trying to connect with.
To do this:
- Open a web browser
- Go to 192.168.1.254
- Log in to the router if prompted (the username and password are printed on the router)
- Go to the broadband or connection settings
- Change the connection password to your password
- Click connect

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.