cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband activation

andrew010693

Fibre broadband activation

Hi, my phone line is active but I'm being told that the broadband will now take up to 5 days for activation?? The flat we live in is already wired for fibre, the line should just come straight through. I feel cheated, I was told that upgrading to fibre whilst moving home would be seamless as the new place was already connected and now I'm on day 3 of working from home using my phone as router (not ideal at all, I've already gone over my allowance), with 5+ more days of wait... Can you please speed things up?? I informed you of the move three weeks ago hoping that that would be enough for a seamless transition, clearly not...
3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Fibre broadband activation

Hi @andrew010693, while I understand the logic behind there being no lead time to activate broadband when there has been a broadband service at the address previously, I'm afraid that's unfortunately not how it works in practice.

Initially it looks like we placed a simultaneous order to try and get your phone and broadband both activated at the same time, transferring the active service from the previous provider at the address.

Unfortunately it looks like the line was then ceased and we had to start again by first restarting the phone line.

The phone line has been restarted and we now need to wait for fibre availability records against the line to update, which can take 24-48 hours usually.

Once we're able to place a fibre order, the minimum lead time for the order is 5 working days, however this is also subject to engineer availability to complete external work.

We will continue to monitor the line for it to reach a state which we'll be able to proceed with the fibre order and we should then be able to provide further updates regarding an expected activation date shortly after this.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the delays, however I can assure you it's in our best interest to get the service activated at the new property as soon as possible for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
andrew010693

Hi Harry, thanks for looking into this. Now the MINIMUM lead time is 5 working day?? Please tell me that it was a typo... I've been told that the broadband would be activated WITHIN 5 days, potentially earlier! I'm frustrated beyond belief, I just wish I'd been told all this when I first informed you of the house move, at least I'd have been better prepared for it...
Saltariva
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi @andrew100693

Please accept our apologies for the confusion. Although we aim to deliver your service for the standard lead time, we are subject to engineer availability to provide your connection. We will confirm this with you shortly as advised by my colleague.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance.