cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre availability

Mav
Fixes: 515

Fibre availability

For several months Sam Knows and Kitz have been showing an RFS date of 31/12/14 for FTTC in my area.  Both sites are still showing the same date but the BT ADSL checker as well as their broadband package selector indicates that it still isn't available.
I know the date can change but, so far, it hasn't. How probable is it that fibre will be installed? What's the best way of checking progress?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

8 REPLIES 8
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Fibre availability

What's the area/cabinet number?
The Samknows/Kitz data probably comes from the same source and might not be up-to-date.
Mav

Thanks for the reply.
Exchange MINSTER THANET is served by Cabinet 2

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

AndyH
Grafter

It should be completed between now and June according to here - http://webapps.kent.gov.uk/KCC.BroadbandChecker.Web.Sites.Public/Pages/Default.aspx
Openreach are currently working on cabinet 3 (Church Street).
Mav

Thanks for the link. Seems there's to be more waiting Sad

Mav

Both SamKnows and Kitz now display 'Not available' although Kitz still has the date of 31/12/14 Sad
Does this mean that BT have decided not to proceed with fibre in our area or that there is a delay of unknown time?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

From what we can see on the Openreach website its still planned although as AndyH has stated it could be anywhere between now and June.
There used to be more estimated dates on the DSL checker however I believe Openreach got a slap on the wrist as they kept getting pushed back.
These days the checkers tend to go from not available to available once the cabinets up and running.
I'm afraid its a case of more waiting and keeping a eye out for Openreach at your cabinet.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav

Thanks, Matthew.
To be honest I am surprised our exchange got upgraded to ADSL2 Wink

AndyH
Grafter

All I can see is that it's showing as March 2015 for the Minster Thanet cabinets now.