Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre appointment?

FIXED
juanson83

Fibre appointment?

Hi,

I've recently joined up and received a text today saying "Your fibre appointment is booked for (date) between (times)". Does this mean there will need to be an engineer visit to my flat? Previously I had been under the impression that once the router arrives I would just need to connect and set that up on the activation date. Or is it just the way it is worded and this is just the time window that my service will be activated? Will need to be sure in order to book time off work if someone needs to visit my flat on the day.

Any info or clarification would be much appreciated Smiley

2 REPLIES 2
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Fibre appointment?

Normally a fibre switch over is completed at the street cabinet and an engineer normally doesn't need to attend your property. Your fibre service can activate any time up till midnight.
Sometime activations are pushed back a few days due to engineer availability.
Try popping your phone number into the link below and it will tell you your activation date.
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Fibre appointment?

Fix

Hello Juanson83,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome aboard.

I have checked your order and it will be an external appointment and there is no need for you to be at home. Occasionally an engineer may want to visit the premise to conclude his work, but please don't worry if you are not there as it is not mandatory and they sometimes do this as a courtesy.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team