Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre activation today?

JamesF2
Dabbler

Fibre activation today?

Hello,

I am an existing PlusNet customer, due to upgrade to fibre today. Had an email at 1 this morning to say is complete. I have an NTE5 master socket and a PlusNet technicolor TG582n router. According to the PlusNet Fibre Broadband FAQ 13(https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/fibre-optic-broadband/#new-router):

Will I need a new router? Yes. A wireless fibre router is available (P&P £6.99) with all fibre packages. We'll make sure it arrives before or on your go live day.

No router has been sent. As the page also suggests I have googled this name and "VDSL2 Fibre" and am not convinced that it supports fibre.

I appreciate it will take the service a few days to bed down but am keen to know if my technology is compatible with fibre.

Thanks,

James

6 REPLIES 6
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Fibre activation today?

Hi the TG582N is just a router it has no modem they were used for fibre back in the day when Openreach supplied the modem and did the fibre install in the home, that doesn't happen any more as it's now a self install openreach no longer provide the modem. 

you need to contact plusnet and request the HUB ONE this is a combined modem and router so you won't need to use the TG582N any more, you will need to pay the £6.99 P&P though.

As it currently stands you have no means to use fibre. 

JamesF2
Dabbler

Thanks very much Terranova667. Disappointed that PlusNet didn't sort this out when they took the order for the upgrade. Not good customer service, how about being proactive not reactive?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@JamesF2 wrote:

Disappointed that PlusNet didn't sort this out when they took the order for the upgrade. Not good customer service, how about being proactive not reactive?

As part of the upgrade process, the advisor (if upgrading over the phone) should give you the option to take our router for the £6.99 P&P cost. Judging from your post I'm assuming this didn't happen. I'll be passing feedback on regarding that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JamesF2
Dabbler

Hello HarryB,

Thanks for the response. The original advisor taking the order for the upgrade didn't make any mention of router at all. I had no idea the old one wouldn't have worked. I phoned yesterday to place the order (after the forum response) and it is on the way. I did suggest to the advisor yesterday that it would have been better for everyone to be asked / told about routers during the original call and hoped the appropriate changes could be made to the process.

Despite getting the email to tell me the upgrade had happened yesterday as scheduled, when I phoned last night I was informed that it had not happened and will be another week! Not the most helpful email ever. That gives time for the router to get here at least!

Not the best customer experience so far. I hope the rest of the process goes better with accurate communications and scheduled activities happening when they are meant to.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I noticed the notes from your call advising that the order isn't due to complete until the 9th(? If I remember right) I do apologise for any confusion caused by the package changing early and I completely agree that this doesn't give a great customer experience.

I'll keep note of your account as an example as I've seen this happen on a few accounts recently.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@HarryB wrote:

I'll keep note of your account as an example as I've seen this happen on a few accounts recently.

A few applications of Mand's baseball bat could help refocus attention. Angel  (A reference back to an earlier member of the Help team)

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.