Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre activation date

spiffytheseal
Dabbler

Fibre activation date

Hello!

I've just placed an order for PlusNet fibre services and have had my initial email when confirming my order. I was told on the phone that that email would contain an activation date, but I can't see one anywhere..

We are moving into the property on 4th November (we hope) but the current owners still live there and are still using their current phone/broadband supplier. We do not want their services to be cutoff prematurely, so I am really keen to find out when our activation will take place. The property is a direct to exchange line with no cabinet in-between so I am not sure on the actual technicalities of what will happen. I know Openreach dispatch engineers to do the cabinet work with the associated lead time, but I would imagine most of our change would be in software (so fairly instant). They currently use Sky so a change of provider is needed on the line - but we don't want to inconvenience the current owners at all.

How do I find out my expected activation date and if needed, put a "hold" on it?

2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Fibre activation date

If you put the existing owner's phone number in to the BT Number Checker does it say FTTC is available?

It isn't usually available on EO lines until they install a cabinet at the exchange.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spiffytheseal
Dabbler

Re: Fibre activation date

The BT Number Checker reports VDSL Range A and Range B are available at the property, so I think I might have been lying when I say it's EO and in reality it's FTTC, with the cabinet being outside the exchange.

I've had a text message saying my activation date which is 11th November - is this a hard and fast date or are they likely to do it earlier? I'm absolutely fine with that date - I'd rather it be too late than too early!