cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre activated but stil waiting for hub to be posted

badlydrawncat

Fibre activated but stil waiting for hub to be posted

I've been a Plusnet ADSL customer for a number of years. Recently after years of waiting, BT upgraded our village to fibre, so a couple of weeks ago I started the process to upgrade my Plusnet ADSL  account to a fibre account. Yesterday I received the 'Your broadband product change is now complete' email but I have not received my Hub yet.
The status page says 'Hardware delivery - The order has not yet been placed - If you'd like to change your delivery address, you can do so any time before your hardware is sent out.'.
The delivery charge was paid the day I ordered fibre so that isn't the issue. I posted on the issue ticket 122336012 yesterday but have not received a reply, I really wish I'd done what I normally do and just gone out and bought my own hardware - at least I wouldn't be wasting time chasing around waiting for an answer  Sad
5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Fibre activated but stil waiting for hub to be posted

It looks like your package change has completed early as your fibre order is due to complete on the 6th of April which is why you haven't received the router yet.
I've ordered it manually for you and you should have it in the next couple of days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
badlydrawncat

Thank you  Smiley
samzh
Grafter

The message "Your broadband product change is now complete" is from Plusnet. It refers to your account, not to your connection. Your fibre broadband won't be connected until the date you were provided by BT, whenever that is. I received the same email you did about the product change, but my fibre connection wasn't activated by BT for a further 2 weeks.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

It looks like your package change has completed early as your fibre order is due to complete on the 6th of April
@badlydrawncat, Check that you're not charged for Fibre until it's actaully connected OR you are refunded the difference if you are charged.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

badlydrawncat

Well, if I don't have a modem/router I'll never know when I can connect will I?  Roll_eyes I've had an email today to say it was sent yesterday which is pretty unbelievable because yesterday evening was when I first posted about it. The status now says  'Hardware delivery - The order is awaiting processing'. I've also read that it might take 3-5 working days to be delivered so even if it was sent today, it could be the end of next week before I get it. I've got a Draytek 2860n ready to pick up on Saturday if my PN one isn't here by then.