cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upload Speeds

SEP
Dabbler

Re: Fibre Upload Speeds

Im an existing customer so should my upload be reduced from 19mb to 1.7mb?
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

@SEP wrote:
should my upload be reduced from 19mb to 1.7mb?

That depends. What package are you on?

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I know I've mentioned this before, so sorry if it annoys, but I cannot see why PlusNet is not offering the Openreach 55/10 package. Looking at wholesale prices it seems very little different to 40/2 which could remain at the cheap end and it could easily be Plusnet's Standard Package, suiting almost everybody for many reasons. The fcat that they are buying it to replace 40/20 legacy customers shows its cheap enough to be worth replacing 80/20 service (40/20 is a software restricted 80/20 package).

paulcobb
Grafter

Agree totally

deadeyedjacks

Well I signed up for Unlimited Fibre Extra (76 Down / 19 Up) last month was a expectation of 44 Down / 14 Up as that's what I had with BT Infinity. 

Couple of weeks in did speed test today as having real problems with work VPN connection, showed 38 Down / 2 Up ! 

So seems like I'd been downgraded to Unlimited Fibre service whilst still being billed for Extra.

Chat with customer service has promised return to Extra within 24 hours.  Will check Monday...

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @deadeyedjacks and welcome to the forums,

Really sorry to hear of this Sad If you have any problems with your speed come Monday please do not hesitate to private message me with your username and I'll see what I can do to help.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
deadeyedjacks

Happy to report that this morning IP profile is 55 Down / 20 Up so normal service has returned.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for letting us know your speed is back up. Thumbs_Up

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button