cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade

Wynci
Hooked

Fibre Upgrade

I was given 1 Feb 2018 as my upgrade date by PNet.

Yesterday, the BT work was completed - the BT Wholsale Checker shows Fibre is now available to me...

OOKLA app Speed Check this morning shows my d/l speed is still as before 10Mbps, and is now showing my provider as BT not PNet!?

When can i expect PNet to activate/complete their side of things?

Thanks in advance of any update/assistance.

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Fibre Upgrade

Sorry to hear that.

From what we can see the upgrade is actually due to complete on the 8th.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Wynci
Hooked

Thanks for the update Matthew.
Fingers crossed for the 8th then!

Cheers
Wynci
Hooked

Update...

got home from work this evening, to find that the Plusnet Router i had paid for, had arrived in the mail today.

so...along with Matthew’s update that hopefully things will progress on the 8th, and with the Router arrival...i will not take any more of your valuable time - unless things dont happen on the 8th! Lol

thank you for your patience and assistance.

(i will drop by on Friday 9th, with an update one-way-or-t’other 👍🏻)

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear it!

Fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well good luck for tomorrow, I think ours happened at 4pm.

As soon as the landline went down I treated it a good sign, and as sad as I am I actually walked to the cabinet on the way to the exchange to see someone working on it. Our exchange is quite far, but I know that cab is slightly closer to it. Plus I needed to go the corner shops anyway for some goods. So at least I can justify it to myself I am not that sad, but had to go out for shopping anyway. Tongue

But landline down for 10 minutes, came back did a speedtest. First things you think, is my internet working, and oooh has the switch to Fibre been done. Next think you'll do is a speedtest.

But post back and let us know how you get on.

Wynci
Hooked

Was hoping NOT to have to write on here again after today 😕

UPDATE

Received email from Plusnet at 1am this morning, saying Fibre Order Complete. Happy days!

Decided to do a Factory Reset on my Netgear Router this morning whilst having breakfast, before doing a Speed Check.

Once Reset had completed, i switched my wifi to the 5G Channel...and now the Speed Check!

Result = EXACTLY THE SAME SPEED AS THE LAST 5yrs ON ADSL😕😕

Would appreciate any advice on what to try next? Or is it a simple case of “patience” and wait until later?

Thx for your time (again) guys 👍🏻

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Your account may have changed to FTTC but Openreach have not changed your connection at the cabinet yet, could be any time today, PlusNet say up to midnight, which seems odd as the engineers are unlikely to be working in the dark.Smiley

Try your phone number in this checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

In the text below the speed estimates it should say something about an open order on your line with a completion date.

By the way, speed checks on wireless are not much use, Ethernet is the way to go and the router stats will provide the best indication of the speed you should get.

Wynci
Hooked

Thanks RealAle 👍🏻

The BT wholesale checker says open order 8th February.

So I must be patient, and let the trusty engineer so his stuff (if/when he turns up at the cabinet 😆)

As for working in the dark...they daren’t turn up round here after dark pal, or they’ll get rustled with the local sheep (I’m in wild West Wales)🐑🐑🐑

Thanks for the heads up.