cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade

sims

Fibre Upgrade

Went for the upgrade from normal broadband to fibre, recieved router then yesterday recieved a email from BT stating a engineer had been to my property to sort my phone line but never gained entry.
first of i was in the house all day an not once did anyone come to my door
second i was never at any point told a engineer would need access to my property to upgrade or do whatever to my phone line
third i need to get plusnet to rearrange a BT engineer visit is this possible to do here? i tried phoning but all i ever get is a continuous "wee are busy" malarky
thnxz for help
12 REPLIES 12
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Fibre Upgrade

chillypenguin
Grafter

Fibre installations are now "Self install" have you completed your parts of the installation?
You should have received instructions with the new router.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@chilly
Only self install by default for new customers.
For existing customers, unless you get CS to undo it, an engineer is still booked.
There have been 2 threads on this just yesterday where CSP have cancelled the engineer after the user has completed the web sign up for an upgrade to FTTC
e.g. https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,147589.0.html
https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,147575.0.html
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

I thought I saw a post by a PN staff member towards the end of last year stating that ALL fibre installs were now self-install rather than managed (and provided with a PN Hub 1), including existing PN customers. What would be the point of having self-install for new, and managed install for existing, customers?
SpendLessTime
Hero

@Northpole
Don't ask me, I just pointed out what  the Plusnet staff are saying.

I may hazard a guess as to ensure that the BT sockets are up to date so removing the need for external filters. If a customer is new to Plusnet then they have already have had the sockets replaced by their existing supplier. Just a guess.
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

georgelnx, I was aiming the question at PN!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: NorthPole
I thought I saw a post by a PN staff member towards the end of last year stating that ALL fibre installs were now self-install rather than managed (and provided with a PN Hub 1), including existing PN customers. What would be the point of having self-install for new, and managed install for existing, customers?
You did but it seems to have changed
One suspects that the automatic systems still allow managed install and the operators are either hitting the wrong button or haven't been told or it has changed
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

Time for PN to get its ducks in a row?
sims

So do i by any chance need to phone to rearrange the BT engineer appointment or can it be done here? (since im still having no luck getting through on phone)
SpendLessTime
Hero

@sims
Try to PM HarryB or Adam Walker for help. HarryB has been helping others with this issue.

And HarryB says in https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,147575.msg1298999.html#msg1298999
All FTTC orders should now be self install (As of 17/12/15)
We are aware that on some accounts, automation is still placing a managed install order.
We're investigating this and working on a fix
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Leave it with me, I'll sort it and get back to you within 24 hours.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
sims

thnxz very much harry, what does "self install" entail?