cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade

shadowff6
Grafter

Fibre Upgrade

I  tried to upgrade my account to Fibre recently through the online 'change my product' feature. I've had Fibre from plus.net at this house before so I know it's fine. I double checked a few days later on dslchecker.bt.com though and it showed that Fibre was not available due to capacity issues. I left a post on here and was told that capacity wasn't available so the upgrade would be cancelled. (Although my product has been changed?! Am I now paying £19.99 a month for ADSL and not Fibre?)  Huh
A week or so later and dslchecker was showing that capacity was restored so I phoned to get the fibre upgrade sorted out. I have an engineer appointment for the 2nd of September, 2 weeks after the upgrade was put forward (I assume this is the norm). Unfortunately, dslchecker is now showing again that capacity is not available. Sadly, I have had this exact same thing happen several times on another account I had with plus.net when I moved to a different address. It ended up being a massive pain and I had several engineer appointments booked (which I had to have off from work) only to be told on the day that capacity was not available at the cabinet. In the end a lady called Sharon got in touch with me via the phone and sorted out an engineer appointment as soon as dslchecker was showing that capacity was available.
If somebody could check for me if my engineer appointment on the 2nd of September is going to go ahead properly or if I'll be told that capacity isn't available again, that would be helpful. Any other advice would be appreciated. I really don't want to have the problems I had previously.
8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Fibre Upgrade

I'm just having a quick look.
[edit]
The order that's in place should go ahead fine.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
shadowff6
Grafter

Dslchecker still showing as no fibre capacity a day before my engineer appointment. I won't lie, I'm still a bit concerned, especially with the vague response I got here that ignored half the questions.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: shadowff6
Am I now paying £19.99 a month for ADSL and not Fibre?

Yes, although we can sort out any refunds needed once the upgrade completes.
Quote from: shadowff6
If somebody could check for me if my engineer appointment on the 2nd of September is going to go ahead properly or if I'll be told that capacity isn't available again, that would be helpful.

The order is still in place, the appointment is still showing for tomorrow. Unfortunately that's about as much information as we have Sad
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
shadowff6
Grafter

This is the problem I had previously though. I was having engineer appointments booked for 2 weeks time, and in that time capacity was then showing as unavailable at my cabinet. When the capacity was then restored, I would attempt the upgrade again and in the 2 weeks it would take for an engineer to come out, the capacity would be gone again. Eventually they booked the engineer to come pretty much as soon as capacity was showing as restored. I'm almost certain I will get a call tomorrow from the engineer to tell me that capacity is not available. 
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Did the engineer arrive? The notes say they were there at 8.50am this morning.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
shadowff6
Grafter

He did - I was expecting he was just going to sort the connection out at the cabinet but he did come to the house as well. (I did specify when making the order over the phone that I already had the open reach modem and wall socket connected when we had Fibre before).
Thankfully it does seem like the Fibre has been sorted - My upload speed has changed, however my download speed has not. Is my IP profile stuck at my ADSL speed?
Thanks - apologies for doubting!
shadowff6
Grafter

It's been sorted - thank you!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fantastic!
Glad to hear it's been sorted Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team