cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade issue-

lonestag
Hooked

Fibre Upgrade issue-

Ordered to upgrade to fibre...have been told twice that the order is complete....no equipment sent....no fibre...normal broadband that was so so is now even worse....online chart is incompetent at best.....plusnet is taking money for fibre and I'm not receiving fibre service.....not happy.....beyond a joke ...have spent hours on chat to no resolution.?..please anyone...help.....where do I stand to cancel my contract ?

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Fibre Upgrade issue-

Sorry to hear what's happened.

Unfortunately it looks like your line is connected directly to the exchange so you can't get fibre at this moment in time.

We'll have to downgrade your account back to the way it was before.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lonestag
Hooked

.your reps told me I could fibre....my neighbour has fibre so how can I be told I have fibre and have been paying for fibre when I could nt get it.....when your busy downgrading me...please cancel my service as this beyond belief...I have spent hours on chat and on the phone to be told it will be sorted

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I understand your frustration but a engineer has gone out and confirmed you are physically connected to the exchange rather then a cabinet.

To cancel you would have to call us or write in as we can't process account cancellations over the forums.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lonestag
Hooked

So when did an engineer get despatched as I'm also having an issue with my phone...a lot of static when making calls or receiving ?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The engineer went out on the 28th.

With regards to the noise on your line our tests aren't highlighting any issues.

Can you go through the steps here and let us know how you get on?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lonestag
Hooked

Why was I not informed of this and why have you continued to take payments for fibre.....bt wholesale check says that my line is routed through cabinet 12....but your telling differently....if your correct ..fair enough but I have spent hours on chat and calls and I'm ot happy

Result icon
Great news, Superfast fibre is in your area.

Find out which Service Providers could offer you Superfast fibre broadband today.

Cabinet icon

Exchange name: Nairn 
Exchange status: Fibre enabled 
Cabinet number: 12 
Technology: FTTC

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you check here and enter your telephone number it shows you connected to the exchange.

What's most likely happened is that your line hasn't been moved over yet to that cabinet.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lonestag
Hooked

Hat only says that I'm connected to nairn exchange open reach fibre check says that my service is from cabinet 12...but I'm sure when I have my visit from the engineer for my noise issue....I can ask him

I'm not receiving anywhere near those quoted lin e speeds..do so I need to raise line fault...can you so that or do I need to start another post? 

Up to 21.5 Up to 1.5