cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade Unavailable

xombi

Fibre Upgrade Unavailable

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if they were able to get it resolved.
I was on the higher speed fibre at my old address, i moved and at my new address the openreach tracker only shows up to 38mb which is i guess where Plusnet decides which packages are on offer.
When the engineer came he asked what package I was on and i explained 38mb as the tracker showed that i couldnt get any higher to which he said that he didnt know why the tracker showed that and i should be able to get around 60mb, his machine showed 64mb. I also note in the router configuration when i was setting it up it seems to see 64mb.
I spoke to a plusnet advisor online who said that I could upgrade in the member centre but i am not offered any higher speed, i assume again because openreach shows the lower speed.
Is there anything i can do to get it resolved, has anyone else had the same and managed to resolve it?
6 REPLIES 6
NoZephy
Rising Star

Re: Fibre Upgrade Unavailable

I actually have the same problem with a new property I'm moving into later this month.
When I first checked the property a month or two ago the speeds were showing 50-60Mbps on the Openreach checker but since then they've been changed to precisely 39Mbps (Just under the threshold for the higher package) and when checking on PN's order page it won't let me order the higher package.
Kind of bizarre for the estimates to drop like that but I guess I'll have to stick with the 38Mbps package and ask the engineer what he's seeing on his equipment.
I'm quite new to PN so I don't know the whole process but I assume one of the forum staff could place an upgrade order for you, if you have the engineers word for it.
*Sigh* Openreach Grin
joclark
Grafter

Hi,
@ xombi - Try giving the Customer Options Team a call. They will be able to help upgrade your package, as the higher speeds look like they are available.
@ NoZephy - If more people on your exchange have fibre the speeds will drop. This could be the reason why you have noticed this.
Thanks
Jo
NoZephy
Rising Star

@Jo I thought fibre speed issue was isolated to just crosstalk on congested cabs and not on exchanges? I just find it weird there are a few members on this forum who have recently had their estimates drop to precisely 39mbps which just seems odd. On the day of my install, if the engineer is seeing speeds above the 39mbps estimate, say in the 50-60mbps area, is it possible for PN staff to manually upgrade to the 76Mbps package on their end? as the website doesn't let you if your openreach estimate is below 40mbps, which can be bad for people who have estimates that are under zealous
joclark
Grafter

Hi NoZephy, have you tried raising a fault to find out why the speeds are dropping this low on your fibre broadband. The members on the forum who have raised this we have asked them all to do the same thing on their accounts, which is to raise a fault for us to investigate.
If the speed is available then the accounts can be upgraded to the 76Mbs package, however this would be at an extra cost.
Jo
NoZephy
Rising Star

Sorry for the confusion but I'm not actually on Fibre yet! I thought I said in a previous comment though that I was moving to a property later this month that would have Fibre... Tongue
I'll make my own thread at some point once I'm on Fibre (only if the engineers equipment is showing way higher than the 39Mbps estimate at the property) and then raise a fault. If the engineer is only seeing slightly above 40Mbps on his/her equipment then I won't bother and will just stick with the lower package.
@xombi Sorry for the temporary thread hijack Grin
joclark
Grafter

Ahhh sorry NoZephy, I thought you said that you had fibre, could possible be me I missed that you was moving.
Well hopefully you won't have any problems when you move in your new house, just make sure you give us a couple of weeks notice Smiley