cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade - Self Install

gwyneryl
Dabbler

Fibre Upgrade - Self Install

Hoping a member of PN staff will see this as I'm due to be upgraded to fibre in about 10 days time, I've received an email this morning saying you will be sending me the new Hub One, so no Openreach modem is necessary but i am lead to believe that it will still be a managed install.
Question is do I really have to have a managed install, I work over 100 miles from home and having to stay for a engineer means loosing a whole days pay (self employed, ho holiday pay) so if there's any way it can be done self as install (as is now done for new customers) it would be preferable.
I don't mind if the "install" date has to be changed to accommodate this, the CSR I spoke to before placing the order seemed clueless and couldn't get that I wasn't too bothered about the router, I would have gone out and brought my own if necessary, I just wanted a self install if there was any way it was possible.
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre Upgrade - Self Install

Hi gwyneryl,
Sure I've picked this up for you. I've cancelled the managed install order and once this has cleared down on the supplier systems I'll get a new one raised as self-install.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gwyneryl
Dabbler

Many thanks.....
gwyneryl
Dabbler

Any update on this, i've had an email to say the hardware order has been placed, but nothing to say what date the switch will happen on.
Many Thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm very sorry but it doesn't look like there's an order in place at the moment. I've just placed it and should be able to confirm the activation date to you tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gwyneryl
Dabbler

I'm assuming that means Adam didn't monitor the order and rebook as he said he would on the 09/12/15.
Another question, thought I was already on 21C, I PAID for a regrade years ago.....

Service Notice #254722911< Back
Service Notification
4:06am, Friday 18 Dec 2015
An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network.
The transfer will complete by midnight on 13/01/2016.

What's funny is that I begrudgingly paid a regrade fee a couple of years back to be moved to 21C network to get ADSL2 when our local exchange was upgraded.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately yes, Adam didn't place the order.
The notification you got is your fibre order, rather than a move to the 21CN network which you're already on. I appreciate it's not particularly clear.
I'm not sure why you paid a regrade fee for this though, we don't charge for moves to 21CN from 20CN. Can you let me know roughly when that was as there's no trace of it that I can see on your invoices.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.