Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade Scheduled - New Service Notice about 21C

FIXED
Gribbin
Hooked

Fibre Upgrade Scheduled - New Service Notice about 21C

I've been waiting for months to get a slot at our local Fibre Cabinet after moving house - 'Waiting List' became my most hated of phrases! Yesterday though I was finally able to place an order!

Service Notices say the switch is scheduled for 05/02/2018. However I noticed an additional note appeared last night saying:

An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network.
The transfer will complete by midnight on 27/02/2018.

I have a message from November saying I was moved to 21C so not sure what to make of this.

Hopefully it is nothing to worry about? I'm desperate to move to Fibre and don't want to be pushed back onto standard broadband again - it's already back to "Waiting List" again on the DSL tracker Embarrassed

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Fibre Upgrade Scheduled - New Service Notice about 21C

Service Notices say the switch is scheduled for 05/02/2018

@Gribbin that sounds like the date your account will change to Fibre. Is that your normal billing date ?

The transfer will complete by midnight on 27/02/2018.

That sounds like the actual date the engineer is scheduled do the work at the cabinet to connect you to Fibre

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I got the same when I upgraded to fibre, it is some system generated message and isn't relevant to the upgrade, I shouldn't worry about it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi there. The 5th February is the provisional date on the order and the 27th is the actual* date.

*It should go live by the 27th at midnight being 00:00:00, though it'd usually happen sooner than that once the engineering work is completed on the 26th. Apologies for the confusion and no automatic communication sent out to you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gribbin
Hooked

Thanks All - and thank you Gandalf, I have received an email from support confirming the details (and referring back to this post). Appreciate your help.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems at all. Let us know how your upgrade goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet