Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade - Engineer Appointment

nblackburn
Dabbler

Fibre Upgrade - Engineer Appointment

Hi,
If I request an upgrade to fibre (FTTC) is it then possible for PlusNet to cancel the engineer appointment? I already have a VDSL modem (Homehub 5), VDSL faceplate etc. so they shouldn't need access to my property? It would save taking a day off from work. I found this thread from June (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2050434 start at post #18) where Plusnet advised the customer that an engineer was not required.
I contacted the 'thinking of leaving us' team but they were insistent that the engineer would need access to my property, and couldn't care less when I said I can switch to BT or Sky and get a self-install.
If I raise the upgrade ticket and any on-line staff could update it for me it would be highly appreciated.
Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre Upgrade - Engineer Appointment

Hi there,
If there's already an order in place with an appointment set we'd need to cancel that and arrange a new order as self-install. So the consequence to that is a delay of a few days.
It doesn't look like we're that far down the line yet. Harry who is taking care of your order is back in the office tomorrow so I'll make sure he's aware that's what you want.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nblackburn
Dabbler

Re: Fibre Upgrade - Engineer Appointment

Hi Adam,
Many thanks for your response. I've replied on the ticket.
Thanks again.