cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Unlimited Speed

K_S
Hooked

Fibre Unlimited Speed

What’s the fastest speed you can get on Fibre Unlimited. At the moment I’m connected at 32400kbps, there’s no errors reported and appears quite stable. The modem is saying the maximum attainable speed is about 51000kbps.

Theres no problems with the connection, no errors are being reported but I’m sure it use to be faster and connected at 39999kbps. 

What speed should I be getting?

Thanks

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Fibre Unlimited Speed

@K_S Which Hub are you using? It may be an idea to to post screen shots of BT Broadband (obscure your phone number) and the 'Additional Diagnostics' from BTW Performance Tester 

John
K_S
Hooked

That was interesting, didn’t know I could get FTTP, have to investigate that one.

Back to the speed of my current setup.

I know that Fibre Unlimited is capped and I’m wondering what the highest speed it would be capped at is.

I was curious as my new modem, a Billion 8800NL R2, gIves attainable line speed and I’m sure my downloads use to be faster

jab1
Legend

Fibre Unlimited is capped at 40/10

John
K_S
Hooked

My next question is if it’s 40 and my lines capable of that, why is it at 32?

jab1
Legend

Posting the Advanced Diagnostics from the BTw Speed Tester could make it easier for someone to answer - trying to guess what the line/system capabilities are without data is difficult.

John
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@K_S  I suspect that the line is banded at 32.4 Mbps so sync speed is stuck at that value. The modem/router line stats would help to confirm this. If banded you will have to get Plusnet to request a DLM reset to remove the cap. As to why it happened, difficult to say.

By the way you do not have FTTP available, you need to see WBC FTTP in the left hand column of the checker (Featured Products) Yours shows FTTP on Demand which is a different thing altogether, a custom service installed just for your premises, and maybe a few neighbours if they are lucky. Minimum cost starting at around 3 thousand but often a lot more depending on how close you are to the existing fibre network. Not a viable option for most people.🙄

K_S
Hooked

I'll have to wait for the FTTP....probably a long time !!!☹️