Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Unlimited Service Degrading

FIXED
morsoft
Grafter

Fibre Unlimited Service Degrading

Hi. I first changed to Fibre 3.5 years ago and was initially getting 32mbs download speed which I was happy with. However the service degraded over the first year but was still getting around 28 mbs. For the last year it has gone down to 24mbs but seemed stable at that. Unfortunately over the last few months it has dropped to 16mbs which is half what I was initially getting and this is now creating problems with BT sport channels and other internet channels. I would be grateful if somebody could help. Malcolm
6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre Unlimited Service Degrading

Hi Malcolm.

Our tests are showing your speeds restricted by the dynamic line management(DLM) software at the exchange with no obvious causes for this, so I've arranged for your line to be reset.

I'd allow 72 hours for this to go through and if your speeds haven't improved following this, I'd recommend raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net letting us know over here once you've completed it, so we can pick this up as soon as we can and arrange an engineer visit for further investigation.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
morsoft
Grafter

Hi Anoush

Many thanks for the swift reply. I did a Speedtest at a pub at the weekend which is 300m closer to the cabinet and even in the bar using their Wi-Fi the download speed was 45mbs! I will wait for 72 hours as you suggest. 

Thanks again.

Regards

Malcolm

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Malcolm, fingers crossed your speeds improve soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hey Malcolm,

I've just checked back and tested your line and it looks like your speeds have increased to around 32mbps now. 

Are you seeing an increase on your side? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
morsoft
Grafter

Hi Anoush. I’ve just done a speedtest and it recorded 30mbs download which is great. Many thanks for your help. Have you any idea why the line was restricted by the DLM?

Regards

Malcolm

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Malcolm,

It's not always possible to identify why a line would become banded, only that it is (was) and that action should be taken to remove the banding. 

I'm glad that this is now sorted for you - please let me know if there's anything else you need.

Best wishes

Dave