cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Unlimited Extra - drop in speed this last week - IP line Cap?

Rubicon
Hooked

Fibre Unlimited Extra - drop in speed this last week - IP line Cap?

As per title, my line was syncing @64Mbps, it is now 56Mbps and this is supposed to be Fibre Extra. My line can attain speeds to 68Mbps (which it was doing with BT) and my modem is showing a connection rate of 68Mbps but all devices show speed @56/57Mbps and sometimes @40Mbps. There are now drop outs whilst streaming to. It has been fine throughout lockdown to!

IP Profile is 59Mbps, what has changed since this is below as mentioned above and should be at least 64Mbps

Can a MOD (@JONOH) look at my line and check there are no IP caps\DLM issues on the line please?

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Fibre Unlimited Extra - drop in speed this last week - IP line Cap?

I understand your situation.

Sadly MODs are customers like you and I and have no access to any of Plusnet's systems other than the forum,

Johno H is currently on a years sabbatical from the business and is expected to return around April of 2021.

Unfortunately  you will need to either phone in for help or perhaps one of the superusers, or other more experienced customers than me, may offer their help.

Most likely you will need the input of a passing staff member to pinpoint your problem and action a solution. 

Rubicon
Hooked

Ok, ta.

I did contact support but the woman on the end of the phone wasn't interested in helping out or having the IP profile reset. Openreach have been in my area 'doing stuff' which appears to having dropped our line rate.

stuclark1975
Grafter

I'm seeing exactly the same thing - used to get a rock solid 69 to 70Mbps down with 18 - 20 up; now seeing a maximum of 51 down and 10 up. Indeed yesterday, I was getting 0.2Mbps up for quite a while...

Rubicon
Hooked

Hmmm, it appears a lot of people are getting reductions in speed this last couple of weeks, wonder what is going on, its like its throttled to the bare min. I will be leaving PN and going back to BT with FTTP.

Rubicon
Hooked

So, raised a ticket, basically nothing has been done, still not the speed I was getting and what the modem is showing with the sync to exchange (68Mbps). Speed @56 Mbps, Netflix and Youtube buffering.

Openreach, god knows if they even bothered looking at it, just phoned to ask what the prob was and said 'oh yes engineers currently fitting FTTP in area' but that was it. I reckon my line has been moved in the cabinet or similar!

@Gandalf can my IP Profile be reset please?

If I dont my speeds back to what I know the line is capable off in the past, then I'm off come next Feb. Frankly, since moving to FTTC, I have never had this problem with BT (rock solid 65Mbps connection) and thats been 6 years, so why it should change now is not really on.

Rubicon
Hooked

I have updated my ticket response

Rubicon
Hooked

@Gandalf 

So Openreach have been and gone. He said it appears to be an throughput issue with Plusnet, since his tests and my modem show a sync of over 64Mbps but still only getting 53Mbps throughput. Nobody from Plusnet has yet to respond or even notify me on the conclusion and what Plusnet are going to do about it.

Additionally, the sync rate at the beginning was 69 then 66, then 64 and now 61Mbps. Strange that this is slowly creeping down. Additionally whilst logged in to this site (Broadband) my min speed rates (Plusnet contract) keep changing, its been 53 and now 51. It appears the goal posts keep changing inline with my change in speeds, all a bit convenient for Plus isn't it? 

However, i have seen speeds in the low 40's and ping >200m/s.