Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Sync Speed/IP profile banding

wratten85
Grafter

Fibre Sync Speed/IP profile banding

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if there is anything I can do to get my fibre line rebanded? I have been stuck with a maximum banding of 60mb for about 6 months. I have logged a number of tickets via the broadband troubleshooter but I keep getting told a BT engineer needs to come out and visit my property. I don't believe this is necessary as I used to be able to get 75mb consistently until my line was rebanded. I have completed a BT speedtest and you can see from that I am still banded at 60mb even though plusnet engineers said they would get the band removed (screener attached). Is there any way I can get this sorted via the forum?

Cheers,

Wratten85

16 REPLIES 16
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fibre Sync Speed/IP profile banding

Hi there.

From what I can see there's no banding shown on your line as per the profile name below.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 61.5 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 317.3
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-12-21T12:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 61.3 Mbps 61.3 Mbps 61.3 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 898.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.9 Sec
Retrains 0.0 0.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-01-03T12:05:00Z 2019-01-03T12:20:00Z
Ingress Code Violation 11 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

That said, the downstream line rate min, max and avg values showing a consistent 61.3mbps may indicate it is banded so I've asked a colleague to add your circuit details to the DLM reset tracker for a remote reset.

Due to this process being a trial, I'd allow around a week, though there is no guarantee that this will go through as ultimately the line may not even be banded and the indication I've seen above may just be a red herring.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wratten85
Grafter

Hi,

No changes as yet. If the indication above does turn out to be a red herring, any ideas as to what the cause may be and how I could proceed? Will the fact that i have a static IP have anything to do with it? Will my traffic be routed differently through your DC? Are there likely to be any QoS settings applied to my line?

I cant see why this would be a physical line fault to warrant an Openreach visit as my line is perfectly stable, just stuck at 60mb. I understand that an engineer would need to perform a manual DLM reset if the tracker fails but on the original ticket I logged for the job, I was told that an engineer would need to visit my house and if no fault was found, id be charged for the privilege...

Cheers,

Wratten85

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @wratten85, I can't see anything to suggest that the line is banded. While a static IP would make the profile on the account from our side become a factor in this, that's been set at 78Mbps since some time in November, so that wouldn't be restricting you.

If you've been through all the troubleshooting steps provided via your account Here and you're still experiencing problems, I'm afraid the next step would be proceeding with an engineer visit to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

What speeds does the DSL Checker say your line is capable of?

Also what are your sync and max attainable speeds as shown in the Helpdesk tab on your router, assuming it's a Hub 1.

Is your line quiet - dial 17070 option 2 from a corded phone.

Malcky
Grafter

Why is the Downstream Rate Assessment show as: LOW?  (I looked at previous GEA tests done on my line and it shows as Very Good)

Would that not explain why the speeds are stuck?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The sync rate is below the estimates for the line, which is why the assessment of the speeds is low, but that doesn't tell us why it's low or what the problem is unfortunately.

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 68.7 20 19 62.8 Available Available --  

EDIT: Added DSLChecker results.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RPrie
Dabbler

If the GEA and SNR are correct then surely the BT Speed check screen grab that displays the incorrect line profile in the original post is causing issues and the DLM reset would be a first step to resolve this as Gandalf was looking in to
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately we don't receive any feedback regarding remote DLM resets we pass on.

If the OP's speeds haven't improved within the next few days we'd recommend them raising a fault here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wratten85
Grafter

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the DLM reset went through at all?

Cheers in advance!

Wratten85

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @wratten85, as per the response from Anoush, I'm afraid we don't have any information on that.

@Gandalf wrote:

Unfortunately we don't receive any feedback regarding remote DLM resets we pass on.

If the OP's speeds haven't improved within the next few days we'd recommend them raising a fault here.

If you're still experiencing issues with the connection, please could you report this over at https://faults.plus.net and let us know once you've done this.

We'll then be able to make sure this is raised with our suppliers for further investigation and get an engineer appointment booked if necessary.

Thanks.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RPrie
Dabbler

Hi @HarryB

I think the question was that can you confirm that the request was sent through to your internal team to request the DLM.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @RPrie,

Sorry for any confusion, but just to clarify - after we've sent the DLM request off, we won't necessarily receive any feedback to let us know that it's completed and as such, we're more reliant on observing if there's any improvement to the services after the request has been sent.

If issues are still persisting for @wratten85, I'd recommend following the instructions suggested in @HarryB's last reply.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
RPrie
Dabbler

Hi @TheMightyAJ

Completely here ya but the question was has the DLM request successfully been sent to / through the relevant person at plusnet - I’ve had the same issue where the request didn’t go through to the right person or on to the “tracker list”.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I received an email back on the 03/01/2019 13:54 from my faults colleague advising that the circuit was added to the tracker, but there has been no change to the speeds. Likely because the line isn't showing as banded.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet