cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speeds Drop Drastically During Peak Times

andytyc
Hooked

Fibre Speeds Drop Drastically During Peak Times

I have been on Fibre-38Mb for a month now. Off peak I am getting 33Mbps which is really good considering I was quoted 34Mbps when I applied for my account. However, the problem is during evening peak times the speed can drop all the way to 2-4Mbps and my ping times can sometimes run into the hundreds. Surely this cannot be normal? I live closet to the green box in my estate and the box is literally in front of my house. Doing a reset of my plusnet router doesn't seem to improve matters.

Can somebody help me please?

Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Fibre Speeds Drop Drastically During Peak Times

Sorry to hear that.

I've tried to test your line to investigate this but our tests are saying the router is off?

Can you let us know if that's the case and turn it on so we can retest it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andytyc
Hooked

Sorry, been away and had it off at the mains. All ready for testing now. Thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Our tests aren't showing any issues and there's no capacity issues reported in your area.

When it next happens can you run a speedtest here over a wired connection and click further diagnostics after the initial result?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team