Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed

Davemorris1951
Grafter

Fibre Speed

Hi all, 

I recently posted because my line kept dropping quite a bit, so last week i started using a new router (BT home hub 6). This seems to be a more stable connection with not as many dropouts, however my speeds are really low and much lower than they should be as i was getting close to 36mb download before and now i'm only getting 8-10mb. I just ran the BT wholesale speed test, through an ethernet connection as recommended and it came back with 8.34mb download speed and 1.86 upload speed. According to the further diagnostics report the IP profile for my line for downloads is set to only 9.18mb and my upload IP profile is 10mb. I've included a copy of this report. 

Can someone look into this for me please?

Thanks very much.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Fibre Speed

@Davemorris1951 

Try switching the Smarthub 6 off using the switch on the back of the hub. Leave it a minute then switch it back on.

I have seen a similar problem once and put it down to a start up issue when switching on at the mains.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Davemorris1951
Grafter

Thanks for the reply, I have just done this but sadly the situation remains the same, router sync speed is only 9.999mb
EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Hi @Davemorris1951,

Thank you for taking your time to get in touch.

I am very sorry that you are having a problem with our service. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team
Davemorris1951
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Josh, I've just raised a fault ticket.
Davemorris1951
Grafter

Just to say that I've replied to the ticket about the engineer request if anyone notices this. Thanks