Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed

marsta

Fibre Speed

Hi,

When I signed up for fibre I had the foillowing:

Estimated line speed:40Mb (This may vary between 60.7Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2017-08-05 16:22:57

I have never seen better than 35Mb and often around the 30Mb, should I be happy that I am getting this speed compared to the estimate (I am not particularly happy) ?

Cheers

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Fibre Speed

How are you testing wired or WiFi? Are you testing when nothing else is using the internet?

Have you been through any of the Help pages in the Member area?

Have you logged into your router to see what it is syncing at? Those are the speeds that ISP will be using.

marsta

HI,

Tested both ways and similar speeds so most testing done on WiFi as it is more convenient. Nothing else is using internet.

Looked at Help pages also tried online chat but that failed mid chat and phoning seems like a lottery at present.

Sync speed shows only 39.9Mb so I guess my real question relates to the estimate of 40Mb vs the this may vary between 60.7Mb and 80Mb - will I ever see 60Mb + if not why is it even dangled other than to get people to sign up which seems somewhat misleading.

Cheers

Mark

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

If you are on the 40/2 package  (Unlimited Fibre, and not the Unlimited Fibre Extra)then yes sync speed will be as you found - however on the Helpdesk Tab you should also be able to see the Max attainable speed.