cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed

Timmyboy

Fibre Speed

Hi folks,
New PlusNet customer, been around 3 weeks now so I'm assuming the line has all settled down etc.
We're not suffering from 'bad' speed by any means, but I've moved over from TalkTalk 38mb fibre to PlusNet's 76mb fibre. With TalkTalk we would achieve the maximum speed as reported by Speedtest.net we would expect on a 38mb service, whereas since having PlusNet Speedtest reports between 48 and 51mbps - so quite far away from the theoretical max (and more importantly, not really worth paying for the additional cost over and above the PlusNet 38mb service).
The line speed shown on the site from the linked post is:
Estimated line speed:75Mb
Current line speed:52.6 Mb
Could this shortfall be checked please?
Many thanks.
(unrelated side note: I booked a half day off work for our 'engineer visit', only to receive a text message saying our broadband was now active - no engineer showed up)
5 REPLIES 5
Timmyboy

Re: Fibre Speed

Anyone?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm just running a few tests.
[EDIT]
Our tests aren't showing any issues but the speeds are lower then what I'd expect.
I'd recommend raising a fault here https://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bone
Grafter

.... then strap in and wait an eternity for someone to deal with it
Timmyboy

Apologies Matthew, I didn't have notifications set up so missed the reply.
Thanks - I'll raise a fault.
Tim.
Timmyboy

Engineer came out on New Year's Eve - as we found a couple of years ago with Sky, no sign of the intermittent noise on our line and no 'faults' as far as he was concerned, though he confirmed a link speed of 55mb/s using his box of tricks (hence bypassing all my equipment) and that this is a lot lower than would be expected, especially considering the cabinet is a just around the corner from our house.
Not sure what the next step is, presumably to lower our package with PlusNet as we're not benefitting from the higher speed - can you also please ensure we're not charged for the engineer's visit as although no fault was found on the line, there clearly is a fault there somewhere. (note - the engineer suggested one course of action would be to request another engineer with underground cable expertise, which he didn't have).
Many thanks.