Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed issues

141Ian
Grafter

Re: Fibre Speed issues

Hi @SammyM 

After Midnght I ran speedtests over approx a 1 hour period, I have attached screenshots just to indicate how my speedtests can vary from great too not so great. I have dated and timed them all that you will see in the list. 

** To confirm these speedtests were done plugged direct into the BT master test socket, They were olso done with a wired connection with the wifi card switched off **

** N.B. No matter what @crimsom  thinks he is reporting, I can confirm he is not correct, There is no double connections on my BT master socket. The extension wired to the BT Master sockect is wired into the half faceplate as per BT specifications. **

crimsom
Rising Star

Hello @141Ian thank you for the clarification that the white cable is wired to the incoming line at the rear of the master socket and to the rear of the removable faceplate. The Master socket connection.jpg ‏837 KB image that was posted did not include the removable faceplate. Please post a wider image of the white cable exiting the master socket and include the white cable connection to the rear of the removable faceplate? Thank you in anticipation. Kind regards. 

141Ian
Grafter

I did not clarify an such thing...

Kindly get it into your head I have not clarified thet the white wire is connected to the rear of the test socket, However I have confirmed the socket is wired correctly as par BT spec.

It has been you and only you that has been reporting  your ficticious double wireing theory.

*******Take note*******

The incoming line is connected to the rear of the BT master socket.

The half face plate has a white wire connected to it that goes to a extension socket.

for the numerous and final time there is no double conneted wires on the BT master socket, the incomming line and the extension are not connected together in any shape or form.

I dont need to post further images just because you are unable to accept that your theory is totally wrong.

crimsom
Rising Star

Hello @141Ian as you wish. Acknowledge that it is your decision to provide information or not. Kind regards. 

141Ian
Grafter

Hi @Crimson 

I am more than willing to provide the Plusnet Staff / Tech Team any information that they may request.

However I am not prepaired to supply you images whilst you contiue to bang on about your incorrect double wiring theory, even thought I have told you numerous times the socket is wired correcrly as per BT spec, What part of it is wired correctly do you not understand........

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @141lan, I've booked the visit for you and added the details on the ticket for you. Please do just get back to us if this needs rearranging.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
141Ian
Grafter

Hi @LaurenB 

Thank you for your update,

I have just checked the details on the support ticket and that is perfect thanks

Kind Regards.

141Ian
Grafter

Hi @LaurenB 

Here is one done a short time ago to show how low my speedtests can actually go..

** To confirm this speedtest was done plugged direct into the BT master test socket, It was olso done with a wired connection with the wifi card switched off **

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot, hopefully the engineer is able to get that sorted for you on Monday. We'll do our best to check in with you as soon as we can after the appointment. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
141Ian
Grafter

Hi @adamwalker 

The Openreach engineer has been today ( Very nice chap ) and Tested my line.

He has replaced my wall socket to a NTE5c MK4, And also replaced the blue beans where my dropline connects into the main trunk.

The DLM has also been reset by the engineer, So its now a case of waiting 10 days for the DLM too stabalise the line, after which I will be able to monitor the speeds,

But hopefully what the Openreach engineer has done today will have resolved the speed issues.

Regards

141ian

TedT
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Great to hear the fantastic feedback for the engineer. As you say, Fingers crossed he's done all he can.

Please feel free to let us know how you get on and if you need anything else from us on this case.

Kevin T
 Plusnet Help Team
141Ian
Grafter

Hi @TedT 

Its looking quite possitive with early preliminary speedtests.

The DLM was reset so bearing that in mind there is varying speeds at the mo whilst the DLM does its thing and stabilises the line which can take upto 10 days, however it appears to be more stable than it was prior to the Openreach engineer visit today and not dropping any where near as low as it was.

One real encouraging point I have noted since the engineer visit, is the Ping Latency has become really steady and very low, where as before hand it was all over the place...

So I am feeling positive that my issues have been terminated.

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @141Ian

Thank you for letting us know, I'm pleased to hear that the problem appears to be resolved!

If you have any further questions, please do let us know!

Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
141Ian
Grafter

Hi @KatieC 

I am still getting a bit of variation on my speeds but not to the degree I was getting, My top speeds are a bit lower, however this is likely related to the fact my DLM was reset... So I will give it the 10 days to optimise my connection then monitor it after then.

If I dont see any more on-screen donuts, I will be rather happy, They torment me when I am watching something on a player an its at a crucial part and you get a donut Grrr... But hopefully they will all get eaten now with a more stable speed. As they say time will tell.

Regards

141ian.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Please keep us updated @141Ian.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team