Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed issues

141Ian
Grafter

Re: Fibre Speed issues

Hi @SammyM 

Perhaps I preempted the fault was fixed.

Over the last couple of days the speed has been dropping low again, However I do realise it has not been 10 days since the DLM was reset, So I shall see what the next couple of days brings.

Regards

141ian.

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @141Ian

I am sorry to hear this.

After checking your line, I can see that the connection has remained stable and the sync speeds are at 40Mbps.

Can I ask that you completed a wired speed test and upload the results to the fault ticket on your account here please?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
141Ian
Grafter

Hi @KatieC 

Thanks for your responce,

I have done what you have requested and I shall upload the results as soon as I have finnished this reply.

Regards

141ian

141Ian
Grafter

Hi @KatieC 

I tried to upload the screenshots to the ticked but unfortunately I only seem to be able to upload 1 image there so I will attach them to this reply.

Tonight I done a number of random speedtests over a few hour period to demonstrate how unpredictable my speeds are.

I have noted the time each test was done under each image.

These tests have all been done with a wired connection, with nothing else on / connected at the time.

Hopefully this will give you a understanding of the unpredictable speeds that I am experiencing.

Regards

141ian

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @141Ian,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with the speeds. I've raised a response to this via the open ticket on your account, which can be viewed here. Once you've had the chance to read and respond to the ticket then please let us know and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
141Ian
Grafter

Hi @TheMightyAJ 

Thanks for your update.

I have responded on the ticket.

Regards

141ian.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

All updated for you @141Ian, please get back to us here once you've provided the requested details.

Thanks.

141Ian
Grafter

Hi @Mads 

Thanks for your latest comminication.

I do appoligise for failing to provide that part of the requested details when I replied to the ticket.

I have now responded to the ticket ahain and provided the deatails as requested.

Regards

141ian.

KatieC
Pro

Hi @141Ian

Thank you for your reply.

It looks as though we need to arrange for an engineer to investigate this.

Please could you respond to the ticket advising of when would be convenient for an appointment to be booked? Our appointment slots are Monday to Friday, 8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm.

Thanks! -Katie

Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
141Ian
Grafter

Hi @KatieC 

Thanks for your update.

I did actually respond, but for some reason my reply has not uploaded,

So I have just responded again and checked to make sure it has uploaded this time I can can see it there.

Regards

141ian

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @141Ian,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing these issues. I've updated the ticket on your account following your latest reply. Please let us know if this needs to be amended further and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
141Ian
Grafter

Hi @TheMightyAJ 

Thanks for your update.

I have checked the ticket, that is perfect thanks.

I have run a few roandom speed checks today and attached them, I have put the time checked on them. The upload speed on the first one is rather interesting.

Regards

141ian

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @141Ian,

Thank you for sending those screenshots over, apologies for the delay in getting back to you on here. I can see that the engineer visit has now taken place and it appears that this issue is now resolved - please let us know if you're still experiencing any problems.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
141Ian
Grafter

Hi @EmilyD 

Thanks for your update.

Yes the engineer visited and discovered my line was showing a High resistance fault. Another nice chap from BT Open Reach.

The engineer said he would follow the line back to the box and upgrade the connections on the line between my house and the box. The engineer said he would do this but would not need to return to my property to retest the line after he has upgraded to connections on my line, " seemed confident he knew what was causing the issues and possitive that he would have it fixed "

I have noticed a improvement on the broadband since, The top speed I was acheiving has gone up slightly, Speeds have still varied but a significanly less variation than before the Open Reach engineer upgraded the connections on my line after his visit to my property.

As the fault was intermitant, I have been monitoring my speeds , which I am still doing before I agree the fault has been resolved.

Regards

141Ian.

KatieC
Pro

Hi @141Ian

Thank you for the update, I'm pleased to hear that the speeds have increased.

If you could monitor this over the next week or so and let us know if there's any further problems!

Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team