cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed down by over 60%, hardly any upload, constant disconnects - Argh.

FIXED
fordep
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Fibre Speed down by over 60%, hardly any upload, constant disconnects - Argh.

Is anyone else suffering and getting no response from Plusnet ?

Speed has gone from a fairly constant 57/10 whenever I have checked in the past to 20/0.7 in the last week  Yes 0.7 upload from 10.

Add in the fact that the line disconnects constantly and its becoming impossible to continue to work from home. 

Call logged and they ask for speed check which is done and fed back. Then you wait and wait and still no response.

Where do we as customers stand regarding compensation as the service provided is nowhere near what the contract states.

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
sbrad54201
Dabbler

Re: Fibre Speed down by over 60%, hardly any upload, constant disconnects - Argh.

My download speed sometimes drops to about half some days (20MB) but it's still workable and usable but my upload speed had gone from around 15MB to 1MB  which is less workable. Even checked it at 2AM and it was still the same.

Would be good to know if plusnet are doing any kind of throttling 

fordep
Dabbler

Re: Fibre Speed down by over 60%, hardly any upload, constant disconnects - Argh.

Throttling I could live with (for now), if my connection was stable. That's more of an issue to me. 

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

For information Plusnet have stated elsewhere that they are NOT actively throttling connections.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Sara-Forbes1

Hi
It’s sooooo annoying, and I can’t get through to plusnet to sort it out!!
Have you got anywhere with them?
fordep
Dabbler

I have a fault logged, and for now don't want to wait in a call queue.
paultop6

Almost exactly the same problem for me. Unstable connection, speeds down from 63/11 to 15/0.7 now! Connection resyncs every night, usually to a lower download speed.

Issue raised with Plusnet. The blanket response is openreach aren't doing callouts to speed related issues due to covid19.

Whilst this is understandable, I'd say 90% of issues reported are nothing to do with internal wiring that would require an engineer visit to the house. Most issues are related to the wiring to the house, and the dslam etc. So I find it completely unacceptable that there is this blanket response.

My wife and I are both working from home, having to make conference calls and video calls and this issue is unacceptable. But with Plusnet stonewalling how can we get any further to resolving this issues.

To add, what infuriates me even more is I look on this forum and see recent posts, with similar issues to ours, and they are being actively investigated by Plusnet and resolved!!!!!!!!
stevie5141
Dabbler

There just fobbing everyone off with internal wiring.... I happen to work in the industry and know how things go.... Always deflect the blame, blaming the line is the first obvious call.......Your speed problem will be due to the contention ratio, the cabinet you connect to will likely not have the available bandwidth to cope with everyone working/streaming from home.

fordep
Dabbler

3 days in and no response. 6 years as a customer without issue and when it really matter, this.

Loosing count of how many times line drops, never mind upload speed so slow I wont even bother to video conference when I should,  which is a real pain as it is slowing me down doing my job. Luckily I am accessing the iSeries systems I support via Citrix on my home desktop, which means at least I don't loose any work, instead of VPN with my laptop. Those thing really don't like disconnects otherwise.  

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @fordep

Thanks for your time today.

Your fault is now logged here. Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
fordep
Dabbler

Fix

Openreach re- cabled as outside connection had corroded. Speeds back 🙂