cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed and Dropping Connection

SharonB362

Fibre Speed and Dropping Connection

In the past week or so I seem to have been having issues with my Fibre Broadband Connection whereby the connection drops every 10 or so minutes.  It would eventually come back this morning I decided to run a speed test and my speed seems to have dropped by at least half.

I only get an upload speed of about 1.2 and my download speed is now 14, when I first swapped to plusnet my download speed was at least 30.

Any suggestions on what to check or what could be causing an issue as i'm paying for a service that is now the same as my old broadband service

3 REPLIES 3
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Fibre Speed and Dropping Connection

Have you tried rebooting the router? I had this issue 2 weeks ago and rebooting the router cured it. It's been stable since.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
SharonB362

I tried that last week when the connection kept dropping and before I ran a speed test. Will try again shortly will leave it unplugged while we are out. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

I can see DLM changes meant that the downstream profile changes to 35000kbps last night so it looks like it's OK now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team