cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Please Help!

oldbloke58
Hooked

Fibre Speed Please Help!

Hi I've been with Plusnet for a number of years aways on fibre.

When I joined I was told a speed of up to 65 mbps, which I used to get.

Just recently the speeds have fluctuated wildly sometimes down to single figures.

Today is a good day at 41.86, but still not the 65mbps I should be getting.

Is it possible to get my speed checked by plusnet and if so how do I go about it, it seems impssible to contact them about such a problem.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre Speed Please Help!

Hi there. I've been testing your line and I'm not finding any issues.

Your router is in sync at 67mbps. Are your devices wired to your router or connecting over WiFi?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
oldbloke58
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

I can confirm as per my previous email, my computer is hard wired to my router and the modem is connected direct to the master socket.

I have disconnected my system and left disconnected for over 1 hour. I then connected my modem and then 10 minutes later, connected my router.
I have attached a screen shot showing the speed is 7.53Mbps this was taken over 2 hours after re-connecting.
Please help as I am not getting the speed promised.
Kind Regards
Paul
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi oldbloke, the Speed test from BTW has been known to give very poor and false speed results give this one a try it's more reliable in giving a accurate result -  https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest

what you can also do is run the further diagnostic option after the BTW speed test this will give the BTW IP profile which is the speed that DLM has set your line to that way Staff and other members can see if that is the problem.

also if you go here you can see your Plusnet Profile -  https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

you will need to enter your account details to get it, the Plusnet profile should be the same as the BTW profile if it's not then that could be part of the reason.

Try not to keep resetting or disconnecting the modem DLM doesn't like it, it may start to see it as an issue and reduce speeds and getting it back can be a pain especially if it chooses to band the line.