Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Less Than Expected

FIXED
maborajkumar
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fibre Speed Less Than Expected

My speed does not come close to matching my speed estimate. I am on the Fibre extra plan but my speeds don't seem to match the estimate.

Estimated line speed:73Mb (This may vary between 55Mb and 73.7Mb)

Current line speed:36.8 Mb

I have also performed the BT speed test but it seems to come up with the same speeds. Can someone check if somethings wrong?

Untitled.png

18 REPLIES 18
Beermonsta
Rising Star

Re: Fibre Speed Less Than Expected

Mines worse than yours, I posted Monday morning....no posts back, so it seems that Plusnet dont give a toss when your locked in on contract, my fibre connection went live on Friday.....slower than adsl!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@maborajkumar

Testing your line is showing it's well below the estimates:

Description Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network. Please continue to submit a trouble report
Main Fault Location LN
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 38.2 Mbps
Upstream Speed 15.4 Mbps

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

VDSL Range A (Clean) 73.7 55 20 17 -- Available

Based on those results, please report a fault at https://faults.plus.net and post back when you've been through it.

@Beermonsta

I've replied to your thread.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
maborajkumar
Dabbler

Alright Sure. I have filed a fault will wait for the reply.

Chris
Legend

Great, I've passed that through to our suppliers for further investigation.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
maborajkumar
Dabbler

An Open reach Engineer came round my house today and the problem was that the broadband was not connected to the master socket. So the engineer moved the my master socket because the old location was not near any power source. Apparently everything is fixed now but the engineer said that the broadband was capped at 40 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload. So can anyone tell me if this is correct or not? If it is can you guys change it?

Chris
Legend

Apparently everything is fixed now but the engineer said that the broadband was capped at 40 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload. So can anyone tell me if this is correct or not? If it is can you guys change it?

The only person that could reset that is the engineer, we cannot remotely reset fibre lines I'm afraid. He may submit one when he sends the fault notes in.

maborajkumar
Dabbler

Apparently it is the IP profile can someone check what mine is?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I've looked into your fault and I can see that the circuit is in sync at 40/20.

I've sent the fault back to BT wholesale for further investigation.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Chris
Legend

Just to expand on this, when I tested the line a few days ago it was banded at 40Mb/s on the download, I'm assuming that's still the issue. The engineer should have removed this banding (as they are the only ones who can) when they resolved the issue.

maborajkumar
Dabbler

Ya i am pretty sure the broadband has been capped at 40 since my router shows my download speed at 39 Mbps and it has never gone above that
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've updated your fault ticket for you, looks like we may need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
maborajkumar
Dabbler

I am sorry but when i was trying to reply to the question i accidentally closed it. What should i do?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem, I appreciate it's easily done.

I'm not in the office at the moment or tomorrow.

If my colleague doesn't manage to pick up this thread tomorrow, can you raise it again at http://faults.plus.net and I'll work the ticket again on Saturday. Smiley
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just an update. I've raised another fault ticket on your account for you to reply to.