cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Issues - IP Profile has changed for some reason

jamiecomaskey

Fibre Speed Issues - IP Profile has changed for some reason

Hi there,

My fibre speed has changed by its self. I noticed it a while ago but haven't got around to getting it sorted. 

I done a speed test on plusnet website and got this info:

Phone exchange:SOUTH

Estimated line speed:80Mb (This may vary between 62Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2017-12-01 23:45:55

Current line speed:25.4 Mb

I also done a speed performance test on the BT wholesale website which tells me that my IP Profile is set at 24.4 Mbps. 

At one point I was reaching about 60-70 Mbps and then it all of a sudden changed. 

Can my IP Profile be set to the correct one so I get my speeds back. Restarting the router hasn't helped, its still only syncing at around 24 Mbps.

**EDIT** I first noticed this problem maybe about 6 months ago when I had a fault on my line that was fixed, I'm not sure if this is just coincidence.

Thanks very much.

I have included screen shots of the tests I ran.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Fibre Speed Issues - IP Profile has changed for some reason

How is your phone line? Have you done a quiet line test - dial 17070 option 2 - how does it sound?

jamiecomaskey

Hi Mustrum, thanks very much for the reply.

The phone line is fine. I should have mentioned in my original post that my speeds actually changed after having a line fault fixed about 6 months ago, could just be coincidence though.

J
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

You might get lucky and one of the CS will see your post, but it might be quicker reporting a fault by phone or chat, or even faults.plus.net or whatever the right link is - hopefully someone will show the right one. 

jamiecomaskey

Excellent, didn't know you could report the fault online. I'll do that just now and just leave this here incase a CS sees it.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply mate

Enjoy your weekend

J
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear your speeds have dropped.

Our tests are showing a issue that will require a engineer to visit the property

We'll update your fault with the details shortly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team