cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Dropped Suddenly

gordonb27
Dabbler

Fibre Speed Dropped Suddenly

Since my connection was activated it has been 100% stable no glitches nothing, until this week.
Postcode:
Phone exchange:
    CLEATOR MOOR
Estimated line speed:
    40Mb (This may vary between 79.8Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2015-12-16 15:24:37
Current line speed:
    21 Mb

The BT speed test won't load on my PC so I've been using; http://speedof.me/, which is an HTML5 tester rather than flash.
I've attached my history graph to this post.
I have managed to raise a ticket but I basically had to tell lies to do so! WHY?
Because the stupid troubleshooter or the person who devised it needs kicked in the nads, expecting people to have a second fibre router is just dumb.
Point is that initial tests don't require an engineer, a line fault or settings can be sorted remotely, so a ticket should be raised to run these tests before anyone needs to "jump through hoops".
My router is telling me my connection is still 39.02 Mbps, but speed tests don't agree nor does my normal internet activiety, it is obviously much slower.
I do not use wireless other than to my phone, I have 1 direct connection of 2 mtrs Ca 5 and 1 connection via TP Link Powerline adaptors, which I have tested and are 110% fine.
I don't seem to be able to find my connection settings within my Hub One, so I have no clue what my  SNR is or anything else, seems like a lot of things are hidden by the firmware being used.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre Speed Dropped Suddenly

Sorry for the problems. Can you try a single disconnect/reconnect now and see what the speeds look like?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gordonb27
Dabbler

Re: Fibre Speed Dropped Suddenly

Seems all is now back to as was.
Got to say that was super quick thanks to all involved. Cool