cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Drop Constantly

dk3gt2

Fibre Speed Drop Constantly

As i have got no where with my fault plusnet i thought i would start a post here to see if there are any more customers with the same problem
I have been with plusnet for a few years, getting roughly 2-3 meg DL before fibre was installed, then around 2 years ago fibre was installed upto the cabinet, i changed my product to fibre and was getting around 26meg DL, not great for fibre but a lot better than what i was getting.
Then around 2 monts ago, YES 2 MONTHS! i had to contact plusnet as my speed started dropping to 3 meg or less (strangely the same as what i was getting before fibre), sometimes to below 1 meg, this was happening after 8pm and going on till morning, happening almost every night, its now started to do it in the day, sometimes its so low nothing works.
Plusnet have looked into it but dont seem to rectify it, i have been promised things will be done but they never happen, about the only thing they have done is come to my house to check 'my' equipment telling me i will be charged £60 if its my fault, it wasnt so no £60 charge.
I have been told i can move to another provider, but they will all use the same bt equipment that plusnet do so whats the point, if my speed is the same with a new provider i will have to start all the complaint procedure again, and virgin arnt here to get cable.
Plusnet have offered my fibre at a reduced rate, £9.99 instead of £14.99, mmm for a 23-25 meg drop in speed nearly every night and some days, when i only got 26 meg anyway.
My sky box is almost unusable as it wirelessly streams and hd film content from pc to projector is almost unusable aswell, £1 a week discount is outrageous, something has obviously gone wrong with something thats not in my house, copper cable to cabinet, something in the cabinet, fibre to exchang or something at the exchange etc.
Im getting VERY disgruntled as it seems my options are, go to another provider where i could end up with the same problem or pay £9.99 instead of £14.99 for an internet service i cant use as i wish and sometimes cant use at all, and this has been going on for 2 months or more, im just wondering what i have to do to get this sorted, i have disability issues and suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder which stop me from venturing out much so my internet is very important to me and i am amazed that after 2 months i still have the same problem and it seems to be getting worse.
jim:red All caps in title changed as per Forum Rule mod:end
1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 32

Re: Fibre Speed Drop Constantly

Hi dk3gt2,
I've just taken the time to go through the history of this issue.
I can see we've been looking at this with you for a few weeks now and my colleague Tony has been helping you with this.
I've checked everything that's been done and can see the faults process has been followed  and everything we can rule out has been including a move to a new line card at the exchange.
Without wanting to sound clichéd we understand your frustration however we feel it best to be direct and honest with you that there's nothing further we can do unfortunately which is why the offer you mention has been arranged as a good will gesture.
Just let us know if there's anything further to this we can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team