cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Running at ADSL Speed

davidgreenfield

Fibre Running at ADSL Speed

I have finally had my broadband connection upgraded to fibre, after being without internet for a week as it was not originally done properly.  I have been really looking forward to getting off my 5mb adsl connection to my 80-Mb fibre connection, but now some 2 days into fibre, my download speed is 5.1Mb!

My Estimated line speed:80Mb (This may vary between 75Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2016-10-10 11:04:58
My
Current line speed:77.4 Mb

Using http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/speedtester/ with one computer connected to via RJ45 LAN - with the router connected to the master socket and nothing else whatsoever connected gives me 4.8Mb download and 18.79Mb upload!

Using http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ I get the attached results.

Something is substantially wrong with this connection, I presume Plus Net need to reset the line profile perhaps to sort it out, as it's obviously incorrect!  However, I've currently not had much luck in getting any response to this issue - can anyone help?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
davidgreenfield

Re: Fibre Running at ADSL Speed

Some kind person at Plus Net has obviously sorted out my issue this morning!  I am now running at about 77Mb download, much better!  Whoever it was thanks very much!!!!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Fibre Running at ADSL Speed

It looks like the speeds on your account did update yesterday, however as your connection didn't drop, they weren't coming through on your side.

Your connection then dropped in the early hours of the morning which will have caused you to start seeing the new speeds on your side.

Glad to hear it sorted itself out, thanks for coming back and letting us know Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet