cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Router Not Arrived

Chopmallion
Grafter

Re: Fibre Router Not Arrived

My new Hub One router arrived today. Thank you to PlusNet for getting it to me the next day, as promised.
Unfortunately it won't connect to the Internet.
After the boot procedure, the power light stays flashing orange. The broadband light is off (it goes red if I disconnect the DSL cable). I have restarted the router several times.
I started the router's in-built troubleshooting tool from my PC. It says it can't connect to broadband. It also incorrectly states that the broadband light is red - in reality the broadband light is off.
The troubleshooter says it can take up to 24 hours for the broadband to connect. So for now I will just leave the router switched on and pray!
I have left the username as the default "setup@plusdsl.net".
If anyone at PlusNet technical support can do a check on the line to make sure everything looks OK, it would be much appreciated.
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

If you don't get a reply here - and so far the team haven't pick this up - then report this as a fault.

Chopmallion
Grafter

Thanks. What's the best way to report a fault? Can I do it through the the forums or do I need to phone them? I'm at work at the moment...
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Forum only works for problems when it is an issue that other users can help with, or one of the Plusnet team pick it up (and they are quite active, as you will have seen).

Normally the best way to report a fault is using the online system but you haven't got a connection so that is out. It may have to be a phone call but (depending on what you are using to post here) the chat system may offer an alternative. Try going to https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

Kimberlin
Rising Star

Plusnet router arrived today.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Apologies for the delayed response.

I can see you raised a fault last night and our tests have found a external fault.

We'll get that fixed for you as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Chopmallion
Grafter

Thanks MatthewWheeler.

I have Question #176839191 open to deal with this broadband fault.

A BT OpenReach engineer arrived at my house at around 8am on Saturday 16/06/18. After some extensive testing, he found several problems relating to our broadband. He performed some work on this issue, but said that further work would be required. We agreed he would come back at a later date to do more work.

In my open Question I have asked for PlusNet to contact OpenReach and ask for an engineer to come back to my house as soon as possible. Our Internet connection has been down for several days and it would be great if we could it working again ASAP.

Chopmallion
Grafter

I've just had a call from a different BT OpenReach engineer. He's on his way to my house now. 

Fingers crossed he can get us back online today!

Thanks once again to everyone who has helped me with this issue so far.

Chopmallion
Grafter

The OpenReach engineer is here and is fitting a new master socket. He advises that fibre won't be stable at 4km from the cabinet and that we'd be much better off going back to ADSL. I've updated my support Question/Fault with PlusNet to ask to be moved back to ADSL as soon as possible.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Chopmallion,

Thanks for getting back to us. We can see that we are moving you to ADSL as recommended by the engineer. We will need to wait for this order to go through and see how the connection operates at that point.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

A bit late to this one ... if the user is 4km from the cabinet ... why was FTTC even indicated within BT’s systems as a viable service?

Even ADSL at 4km is marginal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.