cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Router Not Arrived

Chopmallion
Grafter

Fibre Router Not Arrived

I'm upgrading from PlusNet ADSL to Fibre. It is supposed to be activated today ( 12/06/18 ), but I have not yet received the fibre router.

I am worried that if the fibre activates today as planned, I will lose my Internet access. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

How long should it take for my new fibre router to arrive?

I do not want to pay for a service I am not receiving.

25 REPLIES 25
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Fibre Router Not Arrived

Hi @Chopmallion, thanks for getting in contact.

It looks like your fibre activation date has been amended to 14/06/2018 due to engineer availability in your area. I am sorry this was not communicated to yourself. I can see your router was processed for delivery on 11/06/2018, they are sent first class delivery so it should be with you shortly.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Chopmallion
Grafter

Thank you for the update. Hopefully my router will arrive soon and my upgrade to fibre will go smoothly.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Not a problem. If we can help with anything else, just let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Chopmallion
Grafter

Hi. It is now the 14th June, the day that my fibre activation was delayed until. I have still not received the new fibre router. I am really worried I'm going to lose my Internet access today when the fibre goes live.
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Plusnet owe you an answer but just a thought: which router are you using for your ADSL connection? If it is a Hub 1 then it should also work with the fibre service.

Chopmallion
Grafter

Thanks for the suggestion about the Hub 1, unfortunately I don't think I have one of those.

As I feared, I have now lost Internet access. This is seriously inconvenient as both my wife and I work from home and require Internet access to do our jobs.

My PlusNet Sagemcom 2704N router shows the ADSL line is down.

In the router's advanced settings, I tried changing to Fibre, but it says I need an OpenReach modem connected on Ethernet port 4. I don't have an OpenReach modem.

Please can someone from PlusNet support help us urgently.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm sorry to see your router hasn't arrived yet.

Unfortunately it looks like it's been delayed but I'd expect it to be dispatched from the warehouse today by first class post.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Chopmallion wrote:
Hi. It is now the 14th June, the day that my fibre activation was delayed until. I have still not received the new fibre router. I am really worried I'm going to lose my Internet access today when the fibre goes live.

Really sorry about this. Looks like we had a problem with a bunch of orders that were due for dispatch on Monday. We'll make every effort to get the router in the post tonight. They go out via Royal Mail first class, so hopefully you'll have it by tomorrow.

I've refunded the P&P charge that was taken from your account. That should be back with you in 5 working days or so.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Chopmallion
Grafter

Thanks everyone for your comments.

If the PlusNet router doesn't arrive tomorrow, I'll buy a NETGEAR DM200-100EUS from Amazon and get next day delivery. So I should be back online by Saturday at the latest.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Our routers do arrive on the next day in a lot of cases so fingers crossed you might be able to get online tomorrow in that case. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Kimberlin
Rising Star

Well my Plusnet router hasn’t arrived and today I have received the email stating both my telephone service and broadband are now activated. No problem I thought, I’ll use my BT homehub 6. I did a full factory reset, I put in my Plusnet username and the password key and hey presto, I have no internet connection just the orange light. I’m guessing my broadband hasn’t been activated, it would be nice if Plusnet staff could confirm otherwise.

Kimberlin
Rising Star

Standfast any Plusnet staff monitoring this. I am now fully connected on my BT Homehub 6. I did another full factory reset, changed my access password and all is now well.

Interesting to see that both my download speed and upload speed is absolutely identical to what it was with BT, 47mbps down, almost 15mbps up, so clearly I'm not going to get anywhere near 76mbps. It would seem I'm at my absolute maximum on my line.

Keeping on topic, good job I have a BT router and I didn't have to rely on a Plusnet router. If it hasn't yet been despatched, I wouldn't bother.

Kimberlin
Rising Star

Well I'm not sure whether any staff were looking at this thread, but at 23.45 hours on 14/6/18, I received an email stating that my Plusnet router is on it's way, after my broadband is now fully connected and working correctly. If a staff member had read my previous post, as I say, perhaps you shouldn't have bothered sending a router out because the Homehub 6 is working undoubtedly far better than the Plusnet router would, especially on range.

To be honest it's a bit disappointing that Plusnet don't seem to have their ducks in a row on this. On the one hand, I'm pleased to be back in the Plusnet fold and I'm sure that my internet will be as reliable as it was the last time I was a customer, but on the other hand not sending out equipment to customers on time to ensure they are up and running on the day of activation, seems a bit lax.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Kimberlin, as mentioned in my earlier reply, we had an issue with Monday's router dispatches. Under normal circumstances you would have received your device on time. Sorry about that.

@Chopmallion, let me know whether or not yours turns up today too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵