cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Router Keeps Dropping WiFi

batman1056

Fibre Router Keeps Dropping WiFi

Every time my daughter puts on her IPAD and I have my laptop on the wifi stops on the router - I have to swtich off the Pad. log onto the Router and set another channel - then I can use both devices - we are situated about 4 foot away from it do distance is not an issue - this happens every day! - Hopefully a replacement router might work but considering I have been told (by customer services) they are not very good and you are going to produce your own, I highly doubt it.. Frustrating as my old "BT" router which broke a month ago worked great never one issue
3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Fibre Router Keeps Dropping WiFi

Hi batman1056,
Thanks for posting.
As you've tried changing the wireless channels, it seems likely that another router may be the solution. Therefore, I'd be happy to send a replacement router just to rule it out. It will be the same model of router but I don't see any problems with that. Let me know if you want me to arrange this for you.
Tony.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
batman1056

Tony - thanks - I called up last night and have been told one is out today. Just for note - had to change again today when I switched on the Ipad and the Laptop - now on 10! - very frustrating
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
I think this should fix it, but let us know if you still have problems with the new one and we'll think of something else to get you sorted.
Tony.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team