Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Recontract

FIXED
hillyfields123
Grafter

Fibre Recontract

Hi there,

I've recently recontracted with PN and upgraded to the 80/20 tier from 40/20. However I'm not sure if my profile has changed to reflect this yet as my speedtest speeds are still maxing out at 40 down. Sync speed on the modem is over 80mbps so I know the line is capable of 80. Could anyone take a look at this for me?

15 REPLIES 15
adamski90
Hooked

Re: Fibre Recontract

Hello,

I was going to post the exact same thing and noticed your topic.

I upgraded from the 40meg to 80 meg over the phone on Tuesday afternoon (26th April). I got an e-mail from Plusnet in the small hours of the 27th telling me "Your broadband product change is now complete." - I'm still getting the <40meg and <2meg down speed and I'm just curious as to when I could expect the 80meg upgrade to come into effect.

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Fix

Have you both checked the Current line speed (login needed) and also logged in to the router and selected disconnect to make the line speed effective. The router should remain powered on.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@hillyfields123

Can you PM me with the username you're connected on, I've got a feeling it's a trial account.....

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

@adamski90

Everything looks fine on your account now. Still slower than expected?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hillyfields123
Grafter

Thanks Chris and PeeGee

I had forgotten to reconnect the PPPoE session and when I did do this it turned out that I was also using the trial credentials too. Gone back to my 'actual' login details and everything's sorted now. 

adamski90
Hooked

Thanks for the replies guys

@Chris I'm still on the 40 meg speeds after trying everything - disconnecting, powering off and on both the modem and router, and restarting the router.

I had run the further diagnostics BT speed test at speedtest.btwholesale.com which says my line profile is on 40 meg down and 2 meg up. I can only assume I have to wait for the speed upgrade to be set on the line or perhaps it only comes into effect on my next billing date? I'm happy to wait until then if that's the case but they should've mentioned that in the e-mail instead of it saying 'your product change is complete'! Tongue

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi adamski90 I've just checked your account and see that the package and the connection have both been changed as expected.

I'd see if DLM leads to a change in speeds over the next 3 days but do let us know if you don't see any difference.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend

Doesn't look like the order actually went through Sad Sorry for not spotting that sooner, I'm getting that placed now.

Chris
Legend

The order is placed and should complete tomorrow.

adamski90
Hooked

Thanks guys, that's the speed up as of this morning. By the way I noticed the guy has put me on a new 24 month contract with the speed upgrade and I was wondering if this makes me eligible to get the new Plusnet One Hub wireless router you guys have released? I'm still using the Technicolor number I got from you in 2013 and would love to upgrade to the new one. Smiley

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Hello,

I think you'll be entitled to a hub one, however you'll have to pay £6.99 postage. Worth popping on live chat or given them a call and I'm sure they'd sort it out for you.

You'd be able to chuck the BT modem in the bin then. All in one router/modem and better wifi
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Don't bin the existing equipment. Sad

Get it safe so that when you get a problem in the future, you have some known working spare kit to help sort the issue and to compare against.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Some people are lucky enough not to have been given a bt modem.

My parents have had 2 of them because they have become faulty so I'm not a massive fan of them and deserve to be squashed
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

I've had mine since FTTC first became available over five years ago. It's never let me down. I like having separate equipment because it means I can power cycle my router as often as I like without fear of annoying DLM.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules