cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Profile

callums

Fibre Profile

hi,
i currently have an outstanding question with the support team but the feedback seems to have dried up. i was told to raise my issue as a question by the online chat, but the support team seems to be dealing with it as a fault so all im getting back is 'no detected issues' etc etc.
firstly, my connection is solid, pings are good to online games and ive no problem with the overall service but can someone please check my line profile and confirm if this is right?
the package im on was quoted from support as : WP Product: WBC FTTC Annex A 20Mbit/s Up, 40Mbit/s Down, Standard Stability which is the 40mb package i'm paying for
the line profile was: WP Profile: 19300 or Profile Name 0.128M-20M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-5M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Router stats: - Fritz Box 7490g
Receive direction Send direction
Max. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 20000 5000
Min. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 128 128
Attainable throughput kbit/s 24083 4606
Current throughput kbit/s 20000 4521
Seamless rate adaptation off off

Latency fast fast
Impulse noise protection 0 0
G.INP off off

Signal-to-noise ratio dB 9 6
Bitswap on off
Line attenuation dB 28 41

Profile 17a
G.Vector off off

Carrier record A43 A43

My issue here is that my router has been quoting attainable speeds of 20mbit+ since i joined plus net but is never allowed to increase. can someone provide some information on how the profiles work and why the line doesnt try to increase in speed for 'training' etc.
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre Profile

The package you're on supports up to 40Mb/s speeds, that's what WBC FTTC Annex A 20Mbit/s Up, 40Mbit/s Down, Standard Stability this is for on our side.
However your estimates are 20Mb/s due to the distance from your local cab etc, unfortunately as that's what you're seeing there is little we can do to investigate this further.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@chris his line profile is showing 0.128M-20M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-5M Upstream, Error Protection Off
even if his estimate was 20Mb the line profile would still be higher than that if everything was fine, it's looking like it's banded not because of his estimate
callums

Thanks for your reply, but this is the bit i don't understand, why is an under estimated line speed now the limiting factor of my maximum possible speed? Surely the maximum should always be linked with the package?
Cant my profile be changed to allow the best possible, stable speed, up to my allowed cap? i thought thats what i was paying for