cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Problems

mpinter

Fibre Problems

Okay so, I've been having problems with this service shortly after I switched to fibre. The problem is that youtube videos, GMAIL, and alot of other websites have problems loading most of the time, But the biggest problem is that some multiplayer games, let me into a match and disconnect, this is all on PC as I dont own any consoles, but youtube does work on mobile devices and my iPAD, although not my desktop and laptop computers. There used to be noise on the phone line but not anymore.
What I have tried:
Calling plus.net(Not line fault apparently)
Changing the router
Changing cables on the router/modem
changing the MTU(changed back)
Switching to the google DNS(seems to have fixed youtube and gmail partially)
The problem does not happen on ALL multiplayer games, but most. I usually connect to a game just fine, and then shortly after(1 or so minutes) for some reason it starts acting like I have over 10000 ping or something, and everyone either runs on the spot for 1-2 minutes then I get disconnected or I just get disconnected right away.
6 REPLIES 6
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre Problems

Ive just had this problem pop up too today. Youtube was buffering and internet lost connection. rang PN they said no dropout, might be your wifi channel, changed channel still same prob intermittent. Typed is youtube down and had ppl complaining about buffering, so it might be youtube,
mpinter

It's not just youtube though, it's also been going on for almost a month and i'm not on wifi.
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro

Update? like flash? if its only on PC
mpinter

Youtube isn't flash anymore. it's HTML5.
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro

Ok.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: mpinter
There used to be noise on the phone line but not anymore.

The last update we had on the fault ticket is that there was still noise on the phone line. Is it intermittent or has it completely stopped?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.