Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Problem

cagerty
Dabbler

Fibre Problem

Hi all
I have upgraded from ADSL to Unlimited Fibre Extra, and my order was due to complete today. I received an email this morning advising that my fibre connection was active and I could start using it. I plugged in the HUb One this morning and although it was showing a solid green light, I could not connect to the internet. I am at work now so I haven't had a chance to use it since this morning. Is there anything that needs to be done at Plusnet's end before i can use it, as it doesn't seem to have completed properly?
Also, The Plusnet estimate when I signed up, and also on the BT DSL checker, stated I would be able to get pretty close to 80/20 on my line. However, the email I received this morning said I would get around 21 mbps. I was getting around 13-14 download on my old ADSL package, so this is barely any faster. Am I missing something here?
Many thanks.
The line check that was done states the following:
Estimated line speed:
79Mb (This may vary between 21Mb and 21Mb) - Checked on 2016-01-09 16:41:25
Current line speed:
80 Mb
Don't really understand why it's saying 79 mb then 21 mb?
2 REPLIES 2
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: Fibre Problem

One problem at a time. First get your router working. Have you input the full Plusnet username & password ?
When you've got the connection working then check the speed from a local device.
DM
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Fibre Problem

Hi Cagerty,
Fibre order is showing complete as of about 10 AM this morning, should be up now if you are using the Hub One, but will need a restart if you were using this on ADSL before, if that doesn't get you back online please let me know and we'll look further, but everything should be good from now
The reason you get that message really early in the morning about completion as we switch the account to Fibre in the morning of the install date so that full speeds can be achieved as soon as the engineer is done