cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Packages

ToeKnee60
Grafter

Fibre Packages

I've been with Plusnet for about 4 years and have fibre broadband.

When I joined there was only one package which allowed you the maximum speed that your line was capable of.

According to the BT Wholesale speed test my line is set to 62.17 Mb/s down and 20Mb/s up. Typically I get about 60 Mb/s down and 12 Mb/s up.

Plusnet now have 2 Fibre products "Unlimited Fibre" which is capped at 38 Mb/s down and a slow upload speed and "Unlimited Fibre Extra" which goes up to 76 Mb/s down and is faster uploading.

According to my account I am on "Unlimited Fibre" even though I get the faster speeds. I currently pay £19.99/month excluding line rental for my broadband and £6.50 for "Plusnet Anytime" phone package.

I have just come to the end of my latest contract.

If I change my package to upgrade my phone to "Unlimited UK and Mobile Calls" will I end up paying more for my broadband to keep the same fast speeds (which is now available as "Unlimited Fibre Extra")?

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Fibre Packages

It looks like your on our old 'Plusnet Unlimited Fibre' package which was always sold as a 80/20 service.

If you make any changes to your phone service it won't affect the cost of your broadband.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
delius21
Dabbler

ring them, ask for customer retention's (i think it is), tell them you are thinking of leaving because there are far better deals from other suppliers, they will offer u a better deal to keep you and dont take what they offer u first time, haggle hard! 

ToeKnee60
Grafter

I think that phoning Plusnet is probably my best course of action.

If I log into Member Centre and select "Product Change" > "Change my product" it tells me that I am on "Plusnet Unlimited Fibre" and "You've 0 months left of your 0 contract".

The only option is to "Keep this product" and not to select anything else.

I have also noticed that this month's bill has increased by £3.99.
I no longer have an item "Special Offer Discount" -£3.99

Maybe this is because I spoke to a Plusnet salesman 18 months ago who offered me a discount if I signed up for another 18 months contract. That contract must have ended this month.

I have Sky TV and Sky are always writing to me to persuade me to move my broadband and phone to them.

I will phone Plusnet and see what they can offer me to persuade me to stay.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

I would be careful when dealing with the front line agents most are not aware of legacy products they only go by the scripts they have which only list current ones, They will see you are on unlimited and just assume your on the 38/2 when in fact your on 78/20 

So when calling try and get the agent to understand that your on an old package that is now Fibre extra so you want the same speed as that for what ever deal they can give you, hopefully you get a agent that can understand and isn't a rigid script reader.