Did you mean: 

Fibre Optic Upgrade - No New Router?

FIXED
stik73

Fibre Optic Upgrade - No New Router?

Your product change is now complete, here are the details:

Broadband product Unlimited Fibre Extra
Estimated speed 67Mbps to 80Mbps
This was on September. . apparently i had a new router on the way.......its now December...... still no sign
5 REPLIES 5
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Fibre Optic Upgrade - No New Router?

Assuming the router has not got lost in the post, there is no excuse for this [-Censored-] up.

I assume you have been charged for fibre so should be entitled to some sort of refund and compensation for the hassle involved.

I cannot understand why PN do not have a dedicated phone number for those with problems like this, staffed by people who have the necessary authority to take the required action on behalf of the customer....

Perhaps on second thoughts I can understand why they do not have such a line...

Personally I would have written to them giving 14 days notice for delivery and if it did not turn up, purchase my own router and send the ceo the bill, failure to pay would result in court action.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

Hi there,

I've looked over your account and no router was ordered or paid for when you went through the upgrade journey, which is why you haven't had one sent out.

If you wanted a new router I'd advise giving our customer options team a call on 0800 013 2632

Assuming the router has not got lost in the post, there is no excuse for this [-Censored-] up.

I assume you have been charged for fibre so should be entitled to some sort of refund and compensation for the hassle involved.

I cannot understand why PN do not have a dedicated phone number for those with problems like this, staffed by people who have the necessary authority to take the required action on behalf of the customer....

No router was ordered, this was an account that was already on fibre so they were able to keep online using the previous equipment.

We have a phone number for customers to contact us on, introducing a new one for different types of query wouldn't be suitable really as that's what the menu system is for.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stik73

A new router was ordered as this was partly the reason I upgraded as I HAVE to have 2 routers (which overheats alot, & pain in the butt !. I specifically asked if I upgraded would I get a new router than I currently have with the (Open Reach Modem) as I was actually thinking of switching to a different Broadband Company as it had faster broadband (AND a TV package with load more extras for 9.99 for 6months) and/or even a 32"TV. .
I dont actually have a landlines phone plugged (haven't got one don't need one) bit yet it's expensive to ring PN even if it's to pay my bill.
So PN I'm giving you 14days to honour your commitments !
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

you can call PN on 0800 432 0200 which is free, even from landlines.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @stik73

Looking into your account it appears your fibre service was upgraded online and a new router was not selected as an option as the P&P of £6.99 has not been paid.

If you would like the new router I'd suggest speaking with Customer Options on 0800 013 2632 as advised by Chris.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button