Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Modem Connection Stats

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Fibre Modem Connection Stats

Hi, I just wondered if it's possible to find out how well my Openreach modem is staying connected? With the modem being locked down by Openreach I can't gather this info myself but I think I remember PlusNet have some graphs that show this although I'm not sure if they work for fibre? Nothing wrong with my service as far as I know and getting a good 75Mb ds and 18Mb us but just curious how the Openreach modem is holding out.
16 REPLIES 16
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre Modem Connection Stats

The router (not the modem) might give you an uptime or time since last connection, which will help see how long you've been connected without a drop. I've attached a connection graph below for you:
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Chris.
Ref the graph are those drops VDSL drops or PPP drops? It's just I've dropped/re-established the PPP session myself a few times to hop gateways.
Chris
Legend

It should display PPP drops, it shows connections to our RADIUS servers. However we have seen instances where if the drop is quick enough it doesn't register.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Ok. They're probably just my PPP drops then so it sounds pretty good. Thanks for the info.
leader
Grafter

The Openreach  Huawei (HG612) throws out a lot of line details if you don't mind flashing firmware....
Always use your own spare ( usual action sites / exchange site ect).  If there is any faults that require a visit you don't want to give openreach an easy excuse to bill you £150 for a non standard cpe.
taras
Grafter

Yup keeping a standard spare is always a good idea ..
Shame BT is soo keen on hiding vdsl stats Sad ..
southerner
Aspiring Pro

I've got one of the ECI ones so it sounds like it would be quite complicated to get any info out of that. I guess I could get a HG612 as a spare to satisfy my curiosity.
I am curious why Openreach lock them down. Is it they don't want us to see something or change something or both I wonder?
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Sorry to hijack this thread but Chris could you also send me my graph, Thanks
leader
Grafter

PN  welcome line stat info with any faults  Wink

@CrystalJayme
Might be work also sending a ticket in for a Radius Log if its been missed by CS Smiley
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22934&wizard_id=38
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Thanks for the advice I have raised a ticket  Kiss
dick:quote
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

What would be the feasibility of PN having the above graph info viewable on-demand via the member centre?
Let's be careful out there !
Chris
Legend

It is something that's been requested before, but with the other development items we have (including regulatory ones that we *have* to do) it's not easy to prioritise. I'll mention it again and see if we can get the work scaled so we know how long it'll take.
Chris
Legend

Quote from: CrystalJayme
Thanks for the advice I have raised a ticket  Kiss

I'm just about to reply. Let me know if you'd like to see anything else.
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Thanks Chris I received your reply and the image very much appreciative  Kiss
jim:quote