Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Max upgrade

FIXED
rocdrake

Fibre Max upgrade

I have upgraded to fibre max package.

My account is showing current line speed is 80mb but BT wholesale checker is saying max achievable speed is 37.05mb, which is what it was before the upgrade.

Does anyone know how long it should take for the change to come into effect.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Fibre Max upgrade

If you changed it yourself through the Member Centre it should update overnight. When I did it, the update occurred around 2am.
rocdrake

The upgrade was done over the phone, but I forgot to ask how long it would take.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

This is a bit of a strange one. Your service was already provisioned on the wholesale product of 80/20 (Unlimited Fibre Extra), your Plusnet package you were on previously was the legacy Unlimited Fibre Extra which is the same as the current.

When you called us and we processed the account change, all that's happened is that we've moved your package to the current Unlimited Fibre Extra and no changes were made to the wholesale end as it's already on 80/20.

Testing your line is showing your router in sync at a downstream speed below your estimates,

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 38.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 18.2 Mbps

I'd recommend progressing this as a fault. If you're still using the Openreach modem plugged into the master socket, please raise the fault here: http://faults.plus.net so we can arrange an engineer to investigate further.

Let us know once you've done that.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rocdrake

I have raised the fault and am awaiting a reply thanks for your help.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

I've updated the fault and reported this through to Openreach, we'll let you know when we've got an update.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.