cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre MTU Value

roberto2212
Grafter

Fibre MTU Value

Can you please let me know what MTU value is for fibre connection? When I tested show me 1460 pass 1461 need fragmentation..so should be 1460+28=1488..but on ps4 show error  the router in use might not support ip packet fragmentation and some network features of the ps4 might be restricted.For details contact the router manufacter. Used plusnet hub one...if switched to huawei echo life hg-612 mtu tested was 1464 pass..so 1464+28=1492 on ps4 no error if tested connection..also MTU tested twice with tcpoptimizer...any advices ?
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) All caps title edited as per forum rule.
51 REPLIES 51
Starmans
Grafter

Re: Fibre MTU Value

1492 is the correct MTU value that BT Wholesale impose.
roberto2212
Grafter

I know this ,but for plusnet should be  same. Why is on plusnet hub one 1488 ?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

What are the issues you're having? Do you get teh same problems connecting via a cable to your PS4 instead of wireless? Do you have the same issues with any other wireless device?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
roberto2212
Grafter

Do you read my topic or not ??????Everything I explain in both topic...so please read again..used wired connection..and please fix this problem asap..thanks...and also why you lock my first topic(BAD SUPPORT)..?
roberto2212
Grafter

In test speed show me only 35 down and 5 up plus error message : the router in use might not support ip packet fragmentation and some network features of the ps4 might be restricted.For details contact the router manufacter...this is MTU problem and game will be laging..ports is opened also I tryed static ps4 ip address put to dmz..no change..if I tested my MTU on pc..show me 1460 pass 1461 need fragmention..so 1460+28 is 1488...on ps4 I set mtu automatically and show me error....next I turned off plusnet hub one and I connected huawei echolife HG-612 modem/router and MTU was 1464 pass so 1464+28=1492 again on ps4 I leave MTU automatically and test result was without error...so I asking why?...show me on my router dns :213.120.234.42 & 213.120.234.38 this dns is safeguard dns but on my account is off...http://www.plus.net/suppo...ng/settings.shtml...fibre connection should be MTU 1492 ?correct?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I suggest you calm down and work with Plusnet to find a solution to your issue.
I have removed your duplicate post as it was serving no purpose.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend

In test speed show me only 35 down and 5 up plus error message : the router in use might not support ip packet fragmentation and some network features of the ps4 might be restricted

This is not what the speedtest you quoted on your fault ticket stated, that was showing much closer to the speeds I'd expect.
Is this speedtest from your PS4? If so then console speedtests really aren't the most reliable to check with.
I understand that's the error message you're seeing but what is the problem you are having? I'm assuming it's this part of the message?
.this is MTU problem and game will be laging

As I asked in my previous reply, are you experiencing problems with any other devices or is it just your PS4?
You shouldn't need to manually alter the MTU settings, I'd strongly suggest putting these back to default and letting the router/device negotiate them between each other.
If you can describe the problem you are having, when you leave the MTU as default, we should be able to help more however the talk of so many MTU values and changing it is clouding the problem.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
roberto2212
Grafter

I didnt change MTU,All is default !!!(automatic).Same problen on ps4,ps3,desktop.Used wired connection..speedtest is on ps4 but it is not important for me.I know that speedtest is different on ps4,ps3 or xbox.Problem is MTU.thanks...Also I tryed restore plusnet hub one.No change and show me safeguard DNS (why ?) if safeguard is off on my account.I hope that you understanding.thanks
roberto2212
Grafter

Again no response from plusnet what I expected. Just let me know if you wanna fixing my problem or not because I can not play online games and I paying for this services!!!!! You send me email that my question (raise fault) was moved to forums topic...so I asking why you no response???? Like I said before bad support in my last topic  feedback what you locked wihout my attention.  Sad Sad Sad Sad
Chris
Legend

Sorry but we don't reply on these forums 24/7.
I can not play online games

Thank you for letting us know the problem that you're having, what happens when you try to play a game?
Do you experience any problems when using the BT Modem? From a previous post you mentioned that it works fine with that?
Like I said before bad support in my last topic  feedback what you locked wihout my attention.

The moderators who locked your topic are not Plusnet staff, they locked it because you had 2 identical threads in different sections of the forum.
roberto2212
Grafter

error  the router in use might not support ip packet fragmentation and some network features of the ps4 might be restricted.For details contact the router manufacter...so I contacted manufacter Plusnet..is this clear????....bt hg-612 working fine no error like I post last time..please read again my topic..problem is with plusnet hub one (white color) MTU=1488....on HG-612 MTU is 1492..ok?
roberto2212
Grafter

Saturday 6.2.2016 Im raised faul to special team. 6 days gone and you ask me same question all the time. So I asking you do you want help me or not ?
Chris
Legend

I am trying to help, however it's really not clear exactly what the problem you are having is.
Forget about MTU for a while, what is the issue you are having?
You've given us an error message from your PS4 several times, but you've also said you're having problems on your other devices such as your desktop PC. What problems are you seeing using the internet on your desktop?
Giving us the same error time after time is not explaining the issues you are seeing I'm afraid.
roberto2212
Grafter

Why you no text me or call me or email me ?..this is easy way how contacted me. Looks like you dont know how fix this. So just let me know and I swich provider without cancelation fee because you dont fixed my broadband.thanks