cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre - Lags

nacktarn
Hooked

Fibre - Lags

I have posted before but i didnt recieve any help and advisor said that my connection is good but it is clearly not.

Every 5-10 minutes i have a huge freeze lag on every device that means if you for example play shooter, everything is stopped on my screen (and i wil die). This lag last like 5 seconds and then suddenly go back to normal. It happens on every game or any online service

I did a factory reset to plusnet router = no diffrence.

And today i cant connect to Battlefield 1 servers at all with an error "Connection to EA Online Timed Out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for the game"

So there is a problem with my broadband. I attach a tracroute from EA servers

7 REPLIES 7
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Fibre - Lags

Hi @nacktarn,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing connection issues. I've tested your line today however the test isn't picking up the cause of this. For reference, the test result is as follows:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 71.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 415.6
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low
Time Stamp 2018-06-06T10:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 70.1 Mbps 72.1 Mbps 71.5 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 805.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.7 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-06-19T09:16:54Z 2018-06-19T09:31:54Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Are the issues that you're experiencing solely occurring on wireless connections or are they affecting wired connections too?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
nacktarn
Hooked

I dont havy any devices connected wired but it is issue becsuse wireles what can cause it? Ive changed several times diffrent channel because i thought maybe they cause the issue but it didnt help either. Some peole said that replacing router may help it out.
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

I don't know what equipment you are using so this may be irrelevant. But there have been reports that some kit can get confused by the hub 1 (do you have a hub 1?) broadcasting wifi on 2 frequencies. There can be problems when devices decide to switch from one to the other,  and reports of even dropping the connection. It might be worth separating the two signals. @bill888 has posted how to do that at https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Devices-stop-working-on-5-GHz-connection-Wifi-drops/m-p/1395....

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

The GEA above reports a Bridge Tap detected.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Strat 

Yeah i saw that when I got on this thread - this will affect OP's Sync speeds obviously, and i guess if he then max's out his connection it would lag so....theoretically this could well be the issue.

I would, however, like to ask OP what he has done Wireless Channel wise (as he mentioned he has tried a few) and if he is indeed using some of our hardware, because the point made by @BrightonRock is correct, there has been issues which have been identified and then rectified with the Hub One's SSIDs. 

@nacktarn - could you let us know the answers to these questions? 

Thanks all 

nacktarn
Hooked

Hi @MasterOfReality

I've tried to set channels which internet recommends as most default but problem was still occurring then i set it back to "smart" which theoretically should look for some best channel possible in my area. None of this helped.

Regarding Bridge Tap, i didn't know about this phrase to be honest so i googled it and Hub One is in the same place where engineer left it 3 years ago and i haven't touched anything since then around the device but the problems with lagging is happening for about 1-2 months.

Thanks in advance

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @nacktarn

So - "theoretically" the Auto Smart function should scan the area and select the best channel for you router that's correct, however, personally I have had much better experiences (both with my router and from helping customers) when manually selecting a channel. 

First of all I would suggest splitting and renaming your 2.4 & 5Ghz SSID's:

Go to 'Advanced Settings' -> 'Wireless'.

- Click on 5 GHz wireless tab

Change the 'Sync with 2.4 GHz' to 'No'.

Assign your new wireless SSID name. eg. ConnectionName-5GHz

- Click on 2.4 GHz wireless tab

Assign your new wireless SSID name. eg. ConnectionName-2.4GHz

I would then personally change the 2.4 GHZ frequency to broadcast on either Channel 1, 6 or 11 and the 5Ghz to any channel apart from "Auto".  I would then leave this configuration for about 24 hours to see if these changes have taken affect and improved your Wireless service. 

I would also certainly also advise on connecting devices via a LAN cable if at all possible as this is always going to give you a much MUCH better service as unfortunately, due to the way WiFi works, there are a lot of environmental factors which can affect the wireless signal and we are never able to guarantee this. 

Let us know how you get on 

Thanks