cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Installation Process

tyros

Fibre Installation Process

At long last my exchange (Seagry) had fibre installed over Xmas and I have gone for it and upgraded my Plusnet account!
When I made my application on the 31st, I was initially told by Customer Support before I made the request  that everything was now self install, however when I went through the online process, I was told it would be an an engineer install on the 15th Jan.
Reading previous posts today, this seems to be an issue with certain exchanges and whether they should all now all be self install or engineer visits. I am at home all day so no problem regarding this, I'm happy to keep the engineer install for the 15th (assuming thats what I have). But now I have two questions:
1. On ringing today, I was informed that Plusnet should have sent the router by post sooner and haven't. They will now be sending this. Hopefully it should arrive before the engineer appears on the 15th January, but what happens if it hasn't?
2. I have also requested the 30 metre extension kit, does this arrive with the engineer or in the post with the router?
I'm finding this mix and match of engineer install/self install slightly perplexing and wondered if anyone can shed some light on the process.
Thanks
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre Installation Process

Hi tyros,
Apologies for any confiusion regarding this.
All fibre orders should be self-install now, however we've become aware of a problem in the past few days whereby automation has arranged an engineer install.
To answer your questions:
Hopefully it should arrive before the engineer appears on the 15th January, but what happens if it hasn't?

I have to be honest and say that this can sometimes be an issue, however given that we dispatched your router 2 days ago I do fully expect it to have reached you. I've just tried to give you a call to double check but there was no answer.
I have also requested the 30 metre extension kit, does this arrive with the engineer or in the post with the router?

The engineer provides this so they should bring this along with them.
Sorry again for any confusion and I do hope all goes smoothly on Friday!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team