cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Installation - Observations

mozzy
Dabbler

Fibre Installation - Observations

Yesterday I had an upgrade to fibre installed. This went very well and was completed within an hour of receiving a call from BT Openreach Engineers.
I have two observations on the hardware and the ordering of the upgrade.
1. I am disappointed to find that the provided router doesn't have a USB port. I did download a manual for the router I thought was provided, the TG582n, which shows this as being available on the router.
2. As a subscriber to unlimited broadband prior to this installation I took advantage of the Plusnet Protect provided by MacAfee which was at no extra cost to me. I was surprised to find on the morning of the install to receive an email to tell me that, Quote "We're emailing to confirm that we've removed the Plusnet Protect service from your account." When I signed up for fibre, which I did through the "Product Change" process I don't recall it being made clear that this was not provided under the my new Fibre Package. I now find I'll have to pay another £2.00 per month to continue with this protection.   
I am aware of there being lots of free stuff out there but I paid a lot of money for the package I had and even more for the one I'm now on and I do feel a little cheated and very disappointed that Plusnet Protect did not continue with the upgrade. Being dumped off on installation day, without warning, was a bit underhand I thought.
3 REPLIES 3
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre Installation - Observations

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/protect/
Plusnet Protect is only included free on (ADSL) Unlimited and Fibre Unlimited Extra.  I assume you've upgraded from Unlimited to Fibre Unlimited (the 40/20 product)?
It seems that you've fallen foul of the confusion that reigns regarding PN product names - You aren't the first and I'm sure you won't be the last  Sad
Joshc
Grafter

Good afternoon,
@mozzy
pwatson has hit the nail on the head with his post.
Our routers have stopped having a USB port on them for a while now as we do not support them being there!
Let me look into your account and I will see whats exactly going on.
I will update you via a question on your account
Thanks
Joshc
Grafter

Hey.
@mozzy
Please look at this question on your account (97476974)
I hope I have helped!
Smiley